Post your mod requests/ideas here

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by ABJ » Tue Jun 28, 2016 16:55

-A gun mod with scopes and sights. I'm having this problem where the current crosshairs are bad when using sniper guns and staring at sand, which happens too often on CTF servers. And not to speak of lag on long-range view.
-Or at least a mod that changes the current crosshairs to change colors or have portions with two colors suitable for bright and dark backgrounds.

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixerol » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:52

Will be nice to have this:
typing /ticks in chat will measure and output in chat server's "ticks per second" (that will show average tick rate for 1min/5min/30min time period), minetest default tick rate is 10 iirc. I tried to do it myself but was confused, since it gave me strange results faster than 0.1 sec.

ozkur

In-game: ozkur or XoRoUZ

by ozkur » Sun Jul 31, 2016 18:30

a mod which has worlds stacked on top high enough to not cast shadows or cause problems on the world below. (I tried making this and got to the part involving stuff like crafting and blocks, but had problems with the mapgen. im a noob.)
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

I am a native English speaker, Ich spreche kein Deuscht, mais je parle un pue français.

ABJ

by ABJ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 08:21

Inspired by ^

A mod that finds a solution to the problem of shadows - how about detecting if the nodes casting the shadow have any link with the nodes shadowed? If there is, as in a ceiling, traditional shadow code is used. If not, as in huge sky cities and skylands, a code is implemented which makes the shadows fade by distance. I know it's rather cheap, but what other affordable ways?

ozkur

by ozkur » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:26

ABJ wrote:Inspired by ^

A mod that finds a solution to the problem of shadows - how about detecting if the nodes casting the shadow have any link with the nodes shadowed? If there is, as in a ceiling, traditional shadow code is used. If not, as in huge sky cities and skylands, a code is implemented which makes the shadows fade by distance. I know it's rather cheap, but what other affordable ways?

what if it used a radius, like only blocks, say, 5o blocks away would cast a shadow, and the further it is, the lighter the shadow. because you could still build ladders up, and then it would count them.
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

I am a native English speaker, Ich spreche kein Deuscht, mais je parle un pue français.

ABJ

by ABJ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:57

I wrote this because I was thinking of ultra-high ceilinged underground structures or huge halls.

Or maybe just have any sunlight entering diffuse, and if it will cover the shadow, then so be it?

ozkur

by ozkur » Mon Aug 01, 2016 13:05

how about a room so high won't matter, because it will have its own weather, or something, like the boing factory
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

ABJ

by ABJ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 15:28

No. What if some nutcase decides to build a 100 node tall hall? Then after he finishes, he discovers that all of his work is gone to crap because of Minetest's flawed shadow system. No. The risks are too great.

ozkur

by ozkur » Mon Aug 01, 2016 17:11

ABJ wrote:No. What if some nutcase decides to build a 100 node tall hall? Then after he finishes, he discovers that all of his work is gone to crap because of Minetest's flawed shadow system. No. The risks are too great.

i was thinking 1000s of blocks, but ok.
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

ABJ

by ABJ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 08:01

....or a 1000 node tall hall.

ozkur

by ozkur » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:20

ABJ wrote:....or a 1000 node tall hall.

thats a very immplausable hall
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

ABJ

by ABJ » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:35

Well, it's still possible. Minetest works on the principle of KISS, which tends to offer the advantage of accounting for any possibility. This would violate it. We need better ideas.

ozkur

by ozkur » Tue Aug 02, 2016 16:37

ABJ wrote:Well, it's still possible. Minetest works on the principle of KISS, which tends to offer the advantage of accounting for any possibility. This would violate it. We need better ideas.

KISS? as in keep it short and simple? what?
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

ph8jPf9M

GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Fri Aug 05, 2016 14:49

Wings that work kinda like in minecraft this would make traveling easier.

D00Med

GitHub: D00Med

by D00Med » Fri Aug 05, 2016 21:03

^I'm working on something similar, I'll let you know if I finish it.
Look! I have a signature :]
My subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=14051#p207242
dmobs2 is coming...

ph8jPf9M

GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Sat Aug 06, 2016 07:08

D00Med wrote:^I'm working on something similar, I'll let you know if I finish it.

Would love to try it out could you release it in wip mods?

more ideas:

-new mob - Paparazzi he spawns any time of the day he doesnt damage you but he distracts you
with his weird questions and annoying camera flashes (kinda like in here https://youtu.be/fUgHALx3Tqc?t=7s)
Camera flashes could be made by changing the current damage effect that we get just coloring it white.
Once you hit him he will hit you back with his camera

-new mob - Advertisment guy he shouts out great deals and fills your inventory with book advertising
products you probably dont need does no damage until you hit him then he starts hitting you with advertisments

-new mob - Guy standing he can folow you and explain the precariat to you https://youtu.be/K34j3YQprgk he never sits down

-new mob - Justin Beaber he sings you songs like baby baby oh

ability to roast mobs kinda like here https://www.reddit.com/r/RoastMe/ (same like killing them they just get ofended run avay and hide disapear)

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Sat Aug 06, 2016 08:19

the paparazzi is funny idea :3
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

ABJ

by ABJ » Sun Aug 07, 2016 09:11

JUSTIN BIEBER!!! JAJAJAJAJAJA!!

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Tue Aug 09, 2016 01:17

D00Med wrote:^I'm working on something similar, I'll let you know if I finish it.

You are making something like an Elytra?!?!?!?! OH BOY!!! So many possibilities :D
Keep me posted too please! :D
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

TailsTheFoxDoes MT

In-game: TailsTheFox

by TailsTheFoxDoes MT » Tue Aug 09, 2016 03:00

A flute that forces mobs and players to dance! Plz! It would wear off eventually. It would make the mob/player spin over and over while doing their walking animation, so it would be compatible with anything.
Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7AFnFGGBus
I'm the TailsTMM of minetest, in other words, i rock.
BRAAAAAZZZZAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW it means TailsTheMeseMinecart, but that isn't my name, it's just a way of saying that i basically do the same thing Dantdm does but i do it with minetest And you problably can't see the invisible ink.
My mods:
My first mod:tails_boss

Mob_pack now has voice acting! Do you want YOUR VOICE included? Look in my posts for the thread!

DDroid

GitHub: DDroid
In-game: DDroid

by DDroid » Tue Aug 09, 2016 16:20

It would be cool if there was a mod to control the wind. Like when you have the Trees, Plants and Water Wave on you could make the waving intensify or make it lighter movements. It would be so cool to see the trees whipping around XD
HP TouchSmart iQ505
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5850 @ 2.16GHz
GPU: Intel GMA 960(?) @ 372MB
RAM: 4GB DDR2
SSD: (VISTA PARTITION: 400GB; UBUNTU PARTITION: 64GB)
Res: 1650x1050x32 single touch

BrunoMine

GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Fri Aug 12, 2016 19:29

We need a MOB-Engine.
I searched the forum but only found lists of mobs. Is there any engine to facilitate the creation of mobs?
(CME is discontinued)

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Fri Aug 12, 2016 19:50

BrunoMine wrote:We need a MOB-Engine.
I searched the forum but only found lists of mobs. Is there any engine to facilitate the creation of mobs?
(CME is discontinued)

Mobs Redo is supposedly a "MOB-Engine" api of sorts (I think?), but I don't think it's easy to use or very convenient. I agree that there should be a legit MOB-Engine. It would provide better MOB interaction and make it (somewhat) easier to make custom mobs.
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 20:00

Mobs Redo API is compatible with PilzAdam's simple mobs api and is very easy to use and has a ton of new features to play with.

https://github.com/tenplus1/mobs_redo

DS-minetest

by DS-minetest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 22:58

new mod idea: digitubes
wanted features:
  • digiline pipe: conduct digiline signals + features of normal pneumatic tube {craft like mesecon conducting pipe but instead of the mesecon use digiline}
  • lua controlled pipe: features of digiline pipe + features of luacontroller (instead of a-d colours) {mix digiline pipe and luacontroller}
  • lua controlled sorting pipe: features of lua controlled pipe + lua controllable features of sorting pipe {mix lua controlled pipe and 4 mese shards}
  • lua controlled filter: lua controllable features of mese filter injector {?}

pls comment
Last edited by DS-minetest on Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
The background is a lie.

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Sat Aug 13, 2016 01:49

DS-minetest wrote:new mod idea: digitubes
wanted features:
  • lua controlled sorting pipe: features of lua controlled pipe + lua controllable features of sorting pipe {mix lua controlled pipe and 4 mese shards}
  • lua controlled filter: lua controllable features of mese filter injector {?}

pls comment

Why not just have digiline-controlled sorting pipes? And there does exist a digiline filter-injector, which lets you select stack size and type with digiline messages.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

DS-minetest

by DS-minetest » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:01

@Byakuren:
  • its convenient to have digiline connecting pipes
  • its good to have cheaper pipes
  • which mod adds the digiline filter? :O
maybe it would be good to have only
  • the digiline conducting pipes
  • and a lua controlled pipe, which you can upgrade by laying special items inside like: sorting upgrade, detector upgrade & CO.
The background is a lie.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Sat Aug 13, 2016 21:15

DS-minetest wrote:@Byakuren:

The Digiline mod of course! :P
(although I believe Pipeworks must also be installed in order to use pneumatic mesecon tubes and filter injectors. The combination of Pipeworks and Digilines should add that certain injector since I think Digilines is a usable but not required dependency of one of the mods, so you might need mesecons too. Not sure. And I can't check atm).

Oh and btw: Your signature is funny! ;)

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Sat Aug 13, 2016 22:17

DS-minetest wrote:@Byakuren:
  • its convenient to have digiline connecting pipes
  • its good to have cheaper pipes
maybe it would be good to have only
  • the digiline conducting pipes
  • and a lua controlled pipe, which you can upgrade by laying special items inside like: sorting upgrade, detector upgrade & CO.

The digiline filter-injector comes from pipeworks.

I can see the advantage of having a lua-controlled sorting pipe instead of just a digiline-controlled one: you can have special logic in lua to route the item. But you could still achieve this with a separate microcontroller and a digilines-controlled sorting: make it so the sorting pipe sends a message requesting a direction to route, whenever a stack comes in, and make it accept response messages for the direction. The request message should carry information about the itemstack. The sorting pipe would need one inventory slot as a buffer.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Sun Aug 14, 2016 02:12

Byakuren wrote:Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

Oops. I think I may have killed a koala or two... D:

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion