GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Re:

by GreenDimond » Fri Oct 07, 2016 22:08

Hybrid Dog wrote:[image]
A city mapgen using that: https://github.com/mxgmn/WaveFunctionCollapse

Ok, that is REALLY cool, but what is the point?
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

Krock

GitHub: SmallJoker

Re:

by Krock » Sun Oct 09, 2016 08:05

Newest Win32 builds - Find a mod - All my mods
ALL YOUR DONATION ARE BELONG TO PARAMAT (Please support him and Minetest)
New DuckDuckGo !bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:08

Krock, the picture is from the bottom of the github page…
l don't understand your questions.

zm78

GitHub: zander999
IRC: [none]
In-game: zm78

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by zm78 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 00:32

casio33 wrote:Can anyone make a cross? I'm building a church and it would be nice to have one at the top of the tower.

how about you use node box editor

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Mon Oct 10, 2016 13:52

casio33 wrote:Can anyone make a cross? I'm building a church and it would be nice to have one at the top of the tower.

how about you use node box creator
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

amadin

GitHub: Amadin

by amadin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 07:44

Can anyone modify a Minetest Brewing stand (Potion brewing) similar to Minecraft Brewing stand with 3 slots for bottles with water and without fuel? I think Minetest need small but good potions mod. Many effects for potions are here https://github.com/D00Med/witchcraft

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Fri Oct 14, 2016 03:52

I believe D00MED also made a 2nd witchcraft mod containing a brewing stand.
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑

amadin

by amadin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 05:27

GreenDimond wrote:I believe D00MED also made a 2nd witchcraft mod containing a brewing stand.

Witchcraft already have brewing stand but it is without gui and can only upgrade potion to next level but can't cook, for potion cook need pot (cauldron) and it can cook only one potion at a time, but Minecraft brewing stand can cook 3 potion at a time. Why to made a new mod if it already available but need small changes?

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Fri Oct 14, 2016 15:10

I see...

amadin

by amadin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 17:24

I small edited potion mod from L.O.R.D. minetest game https://github.com/amadin/lottpotion, but i can't set cooking animation like in furnace (now it show fuel combustion but not potion brewing), can't remove fuel and can't add separate input slots for bottles and ingredient in brewing stand like in minecraft. Maybe somebody do it?
Last edited by amadin on Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:54, edited 1 time in total.

ph8jPf9M

GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Mon Oct 17, 2016 09:14

Here come the titans! There would be only one titan spawned per biome. Specific titans would be biome specific. Titans would be immortall and they never dispawn. At the start of a game most of the titans are cursed by the tyranical titan in the nether. When a titan is cursed he will be aggresive when you come close. Your mission is to cure titans from the curse by exhausting their energy (health) to zero but they are not killed by that you must also use a special item to cure them once you completely depleted their energy. Once they are cured you can talk to the titans. you can challenge the cured titans that would initiate similiar battle as to while they have been cursed.

Battle would be slightly different for each titan. When you are close to a cused titan his energy would be displayed by the healthbar gui on screen. they can spawn 3x3 sand cube above you so that you have time to escape but if you dont run from it you are trapped by sand. They are able to spawn subordinates which atack you.

idea comes from these two mods Titans Revived Golem War

ph8jPf9M

GitHub: 22i

by ph8jPf9M » Mon Oct 17, 2016 17:12

Is there a mod or function in Minetest with which you can quickly see what biome you are in if not someone make it. It could be a special item like those in here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15247 that you need to craft and then you can quickly see what biome you are in.

BirgitLachner

In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Thu Oct 20, 2016 07:35

I ask myself if it is possible to have a mod that give teachers some possiblities that I know from an Education-Version for Minecraft. May be an extension of the mod "Unified Inventory" could be possible!?

Have some buttons with the possibility
1a) to teleport all player to me (teleport will be no problem, just to get the name of all players and to call the teleport command that much)
1b) would be cool, too, if they can be teleported back to their old position
2) to freeze/defreeze all players so that they can not move
3a) do the same two things with only one player
3b) ... and have all the other players one a list to choose from)
4) teleport me to a player choosen from the list

Special blocks:
5) Have a block that offers the possibility to allow building over them.
What it is for? Lets say the players are not allowed to build (cannot destroy the buildings!) but they can place for example the (programmable) turtle on it and then solve a given problem to learn coding

6) A block to disallow building in an area is of cause possible, but can I disallow to build with the "interact-privileg" on the whole world?

7) Have a block that causes an invisible border over it.

8) Some additional features might to to give everyone a special item by drag and drop it from the inventar.

Is anyone out there who likes to start that?

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Thu Oct 20, 2016 14:46

What do you mean by #7? An invisible block?

BirgitLachner

In-game: Bibs

by BirgitLachner » Thu Oct 20, 2016 15:54

more or less ... you place one row of border blocks somewhere and the normal user can't cross the invisible wall above those blocks.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Thu Oct 20, 2016 23:54

The maptools mod contains many useful blocks. 2 of them are clear barriers. One has a visible outline while pointing at it and the other is completely unseen (only removable thru Worldedit and only obtainable with giveme). For #6: Using an area-protection mod will allow you to set areas that only you and added owners are allowed to build in.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Sat Oct 22, 2016 20:01

You can make a node which is only visible from one side, e.g. so you only see the textures if you are outside the barrier.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Sat Oct 22, 2016 22:57

Making a block that is not set as glasslike with only one side with textures should produce that...idk if that made sense.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 01:43

I tried to do a search for a monster called "op ness monster" and found no results! You can guess by the name of such a monster that it would be heavily overpowered, possibly being able to one-hit-kill a player wearing full diamond armor.

It would be nice if a mod were made to add such a horrible monster, but it should be cool: it should fly very fast and hover like a hummingbird, able to see through walls, have claws used to tear through dirt or wood or cobble (anything not solid enough), and so on.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Thu Nov 03, 2016 04:31

That sounds...rather difficult.

emperor_genshin

IRC: Emperor_Genshin
In-game: Emperor_Genshin - Genshin

by emperor_genshin » Tue Nov 22, 2016 21:18

Would this count as overpowered? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=245dvuz3C0g

SegFault22 wrote:I tried to do a search for a monster called "op ness monster" and found no results! You can guess by the name of such a monster that it would be heavily overpowered, possibly being able to one-hit-kill a player wearing full diamond armor.

It would be nice if a mod were made to add such a horrible monster, but it should be cool: it should fly very fast and hover like a hummingbird, able to see through walls, have claws used to tear through dirt or wood or cobble (anything not solid enough), and so on.
Minetest Modder
Server Wanderer

Signature
"I have no words that would do justice to the atrocities you commit to the English language, as well as your continued assaults on the concepts of basic literacy and logical reasoning."

_Tom Gioconda

jordan4ibanez

GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Fri Nov 25, 2016 02:30

I have too many ideas, and I'm running out of room to viably store them in my computer, ie I'll lose them in a system crash, so I'm posting them here.

Tunneler
A node/entity which digs 3x3 into the ground or wall which places power rail or ladders depending on the direction. Powered by coal or fuel items and gets items (rails, coal, torches) placed in it and uses them to power itself and place rails or ladders where it's going.

Locomotion Pack
Modified default carts which does a few things extra. You can place chests, furnaces, a tunnel boar(hence tunneler mod), and tnt in it. A crowbar to link carts to each other. Furnace in carts allows you to open up a gui in the cart and put in fuel and adjust speed. With the cart linking the furnace cart would pull anything behind it or push anything in front of it...some how. Chest carts work like chests. Tunneler carts do what is above. A hopper cart which collects items around it, can be linked behind chest carts to put items in chests. These could have a setting to force load the mapblocks around it to have automated world trains placed by admins that can't be destroyed by players to take them to shops, houses, or other things.

You could create an automated bore-ing train like this:
Bore-Hopper-Chest-Furnace-Optional Default Cart to ride in

I'm going to try to program this one, but I don't believe I'm skilled enough to implement this.

Water Pack
Scuba helmets with water pack that loses durability as you breath underwater. Entities and players get pushed by flowing water. Underwater plants. Fishing. Fish mobs that go after lures. Particles for things around water, like water falls, jumping into water, drowning, throwing items into water, etc.

Snow Pack
Make snow an attached node so cutting down snow forests just drops items instead of using falling node. Snowballs which do 0 damage but could be useful for pvp matches which players throw snowballs at eachother. Snowmen mobs. Stuff you can build with snow to make snow fortresses and houses.

Weather
Weather which doesn't slow down the game. Using the ideas of what some of our forum has been producing, checking if nodes are in direct sunlight, and if there is an air block above it, add snow, snow layers, etc. Find some way of doing particles which doesn't slow down the game.

That's all I've got for now. Let's see what else I can think of.
If you can think it, you can make it.

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Fri Nov 25, 2016 16:56

I really like the loco pack idea
+1

mootpoint

GitHub: Mootpoint
In-game: mootpoint

by mootpoint » Mon Dec 12, 2016 16:15

i just wrote one up real quick for you, its available at https://github.com/mootpoint/cross or you can download the zip https://github.com/mootpoint/cross/archive/master.zip

Last edited by mootpoint on Mon Dec 12, 2016 20:34, edited 2 times in total.
"Think of the solution, not the problem." - Richard Rahl

DS-minetest

GitHub: DS-Minetest
In-game: DS

by DS-minetest » Mon Dec 12, 2016 20:00

mootpoint wrote:

i just wrote one up real quick for you, its available at https://github.com/mootpoint/cross or you can download the zip https://github.com/mootpoint/cross/archive/master.zip

you could have shown this screenshot:
and idk if this is big enough for a church
and call the screenshot "screenshot.png" and make it 300*200 (and if its not there add a description), at mods tab this will be shown
Do not call me -minetest.
Call me DS or DS-minetest.
I am German, so you don't have to pm me English if you are also German.
The background is a lie.

ErrorNull

by ErrorNull » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:36

I really enjoy sokomine's mg_villages mod that creates beautiful structures (end even spawns traders) on the world surface. I would love to see a mod that will now add small villages underground, like in caves or the nether or inside other large expanses created by many of the existing mods.

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Tue Dec 13, 2016 15:51

ErrorNull wrote:I really enjoy sokomine's mg_villages mod that creates beautiful structures (end even spawns traders) on the world surface. I would love to see a mod that will now add small villages underground, like in caves or the nether or inside other large expanses created by many of the existing mods.

Underground villages would be so cool!

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Fri Dec 16, 2016 19:19

I know just about nothing about many things, especially MC so please bear with me on this request/question/idea?

I have heard of MCPatcher or is it CTM? but, I "think" it adds the ability to place random textures of the same material? For instance if cobblestone has a main texture, and an additional 10 variants of that texture which all match up and could be placed randomly to produce a really nice wall of cobblestone, which does not create a "pattern"?

Do I have this correct at this point? I don't know but my question is... would anyone be able to create a mod which does this? And could it be done so it can be turned on/off per node?
For instance, I want to use cobblestone which has variants so, when I scroll to cobblestone in my hotbar a simple small pop-up window appears which might say CTM? yes or no... click on which I prefer, then continue on building.

The setting returns back to off by default each time you scroll onto another item in the hotbar.
And this option is only for building nodes, because it is possible the popup could become annoying to users... maybe there could be an on/off for the entire option as well?

If I had the skills I would created it myself but, I am definitely not a developer and honestly do not aspire to be one. The few mods I have done, I could not have done without others holding my hand, and as soon as it's done, I would never be able to redo what was done without literally looking at the code and/or copy/paste :P.
I'm an artist and I definitely do not have the ability to create such an awesome mod as this would be.
Flick?... Flick who?

GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Sat Dec 17, 2016 19:30

I would like to request a recording mod for Minetest, almost identical to the Replay Mod for Minecraft. This would allow amazing recording for builders to make timelapses and show of work.
Thanks!
-Green

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion