JungleTest the subgame of the adventure!

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

JungleTest the subgame of the adventure!

by MineYoshi » Thu Apr 07, 2016 23:58

i will do "JungleTest" a project that i am working about now, is about you are a lost explorer in south america in the 1759 when you discovered the continent but you got lost in the middle of the jungle, now there is some wild people, some native villages are too, with peaceful or violent natives, if you explore the enough (what means a very big distance from the first spawn site) you will find the mayan temple with natives, if you are luck they will not sacrifice you to his "gods" you can trade or live there, or then they will paint you blue and then will take your heart!
Sometimes the mayans are chasing a blue painted guy (reference to "Apocalypto" the movie from where comes the idea) or justest destroying the native villages.

The game is designed to be realistical, no second chances, if you die, you can't respawn and your world is deleted, you can't get wood, only stick,leaf, and things from the dirt!

You only have a compass,a book and a pen to write about your adventure, this games is designed to be the most cool and simple to play, but the mapgen will only make jungles, the only thing that change is the type of trees, it's designed to be a subgame complementing a history, that i will show as i do the updates!
You live in Spain, you are a very academic and rich person, you know "everything" (nope, almost things)you know that earth is plain, you start to think a night about this, and you can't sleep then because you don't know what happen' if you go where the earth ends, if don't ends then you want to know how earth is in really , then you start an adventure with your friends the captain of the boat, who is crazy and decide to do it without even need money from you!
Everything goes wrong, a storm starts and your boat is destroyed only you survive (this part can be extracted from the history, when i know how to do your friends and captain) you have some food, you arrived at the coast, your boat is at the beach, but broke you can't return, you have a wife who waits for you (and for some drama-related reason, she is pregnant!)you think that is better see if someone lives in this new continent and see if they can help you to return to Spain...

What you think about?

Any ideas?
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

Re: JungleTest the subgame of the adventure!

by TumeniNodes » Sun May 29, 2016 18:13

Have you worked on this? It sounds like a cool idea.
I have not actually "played" a full game as of yet but I think I would try this one. I am not actually a "gamer" as I love the creative aspects of Minetest.
I have tried a couple of the subgames but I don't really get into it, and I play them for all of about 10 minutes. But this sounds like it would be fairly interesting and appealing
Flick?... Flick who?

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon May 30, 2016 11:15

Really nice idea! i'm ready to help!
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Sun Jun 12, 2016 21:16

TumeniNodes wrote:Have you worked on this? It sounds like a cool idea.
I have not actually "played" a full game as of yet but I think I would try this one. I am not actually a "gamer" as I love the creative aspects of Minetest.
I have tried a couple of the subgames but I don't really get into it, and I play them for all of about 10 minutes. But this sounds like it would be fairly interesting and appealing

Well, the idea is make this subgame likely an interesting and playable story...
You decide what happen, making this aspect in a Minetest subgame is hard but well a try isn't so bad at all...
I will give my best making a good Minetest subgame...
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Sun Jul 24, 2016 08:04

South America was already discovered in 1759
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

TheReaperKing

by TheReaperKing » Mon Jul 25, 2016 01:00

Sounds awesome. Maybe add the hunger and thirst mods too? I remember liking the "exertion" mod a lot because it used both.
Project Lead of the Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing - http://Doom3Coop.com

Project Lead of Platinum Arts Sandbox Free 3D Game Maker - http://SandboxGameMaker.com

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/PlatinumArtsKids

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Jul 25, 2016 09:03

also add a stamina mod!
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Return to Subgame Discussion