more ores/stones?

BlueTangs Rock

more ores/stones?

by BlueTangs Rock » Sun Jul 10, 2016 08:13

So I'm new to the forum,so I'm assuming this is the place where you request new features for the game... OK,here's my list of ores/stones that I would like there to be in default MineTest Game:

1.sulfur: so this ore will as commonly as coal,generates in elevations 78 and below. This ore will drop 1-5 sulfur chunks when mined by any pickaxe.sulfur chunks are used to make TNT,and are as good as a feul source as coal.sulfur can also be used to craft Sulfur Blocks,which are flammable. The chunk may also be used to craft flint&steal/matches,that ones really up to you.

2.quartzite: they are the most common ore in the game,and generate in huge ore veins in elevations 1000 and below.quartzite ore will drop 1-10 quartzite crystals if mined by any pickaxe.those crystals can then be used to craft blocks(standard, chiseled, and pillared),daylight sensors,Mess Compartitor,Observer Blocks,becons,granite,diorite,and quartzite tools&weapons. Also quartzite crystals can be used as a last-option weopon,because of it's sharp points,it can deal 2.5 hearts of damage.

3.lapis lazuli:this ore is slightly less as rare as diamonds(or most other gemstones),and generate in elevations -100 and below.the ore will drop 5-9 lapis lazuli chunks if mined by stone pickaxe and above.lapis lazuli chunks can be crafted into blue dye,and lapis blocks,but can also be smelted in a furnace to get lapis lazuli ingots,which are used to craft lapis tools,weapons,and armor.

4.silver:it is an uncommon ore that can start appearing at elevation -58,but becomes more common in elevations,-128 and below.the ore will drop a silver lump if mined by a steel pickaxe and above. They can be smelted into silver ingots, which make silver blocks,silver armor,and silver tools&weapons.

5.emerald:they are the second rarest ore in MineTest,they will start to generate at elevation,-1024,but become more common at elevations,-1652 and below.they generate in veins of 1-3 ores between elevations,-1024 to -1652,but are found in veins of 5-7 ores below that.emerald ore will drop 1-3 emeralds if mined by diamond,emerald, or obsidian pickaxes.they are used to craft emerald blocks,and the most powerful armors,weapons, and tools in MineTest.

6.amethyst: they are the most common of the 6 gemstones,and are also the easiest to find,and are the weakest.they spawn in veins of 6 in elevations,-68 and below.the ore will drop an amythist if mined by a copper pickaxe, and above.they are used to make amythist blocks,armor, tools,and weapons.

7.salt crystals: they are a common ore the generates in veins of 20 at elevations,0 and below.the ore will drop 5-10 salt crystals,as long as your using any tool,weapon,or any item that isn't flowers,plants,dye,or by hand.salt crystals can be used in food recipes in the game.

8.topaz:the second most common,and weakest gemstone in the game.they spawn in the same elevations,and ore vein amount as amythist ore,just they're more uncommon.they are also mined by copper pickaxes,and higher.they are used to make topaz blocks,armor, tools,and weapons.

9.ruby:they are as rare as diamond, generate at the same elevations,and have the same durriblity.they spawn next to sapphire ore veins.the ore drops a ruby when mined by a steel pickaxe,and above.they are used to make ruby blocks,armor,tools,and weapons.

10.sapthire:they generate next to ruby ore veins.They are almost exactly like diamonds,and rubys,except the ore drops a sapphire,which is used for sapphire blocks, armor, tools,and weapons.

11.nether quartz:this ore will start generating at -20927,but it gets more common at elevations,-30000 and below.they are basically like the quartzite ore,but they have their own crystal,tools,and weapons.

12.mystery ore:they only generate between elevations,-10000,and -20000.their appearance looks like a mixture of EVERY ore in the game,and list here.they have a chance of dropping any ore,and are actually mined by swords,shovels,and pickaxes(interesting right?).

13.Nyan Ore:they are THE rarest ore in MineTest.when mined by Diamond pickaxe, and above,they will drop 99 Nyan Fragments, which 9 of them are used to make 1 Nyan Ingot,which means 1 ore gives you 11 ingots.9 of those ingots are used to craft 1 Nyan Cat,1 of those ingots in the middle of the crafting slot,and each of the dyes that match the colors all around it,will make 9 Nyan Cat Rainbow Blocks.the Nyan ingots are also used to make armor,tools,and weapons as good as obsidian tools(better than diamond,but slightly weaker than emerald,and bedrock),and if you hold a Nyan tool/weapon/ingot,the Nyan Cat song will play in an infinite loop,until you get that item out of your hand,and if you equip a full suit of Nyan Armor,you will almost uncontrollably fly around very fast,and emit a rainbow particle path,along with the Nyan Cat Music(all effects will end if you take just one piece of armor of,and if you have at least 2 pieces of armor equipped, you will be immune to fall damage,because when you're flying around very fast,and decide to take some of the armor off to land,they won't die!).

14.Bedrock ore:they will start generating at elevation -30800,but become more common at -30900,and below,and make up 90% of the world layer,-30927.they are only mined by obsidian, emerald, and bedrock pickaxes,otherwise, you can't even brake it.they can be used for bedrock tools&weapons,bedrock bricks,and hardened bedrock(also can naturally generate,starting from -30920 and below, and is only breakable with bedrock tools).

15.granite, diorite,and ansedite:these 3 stone blocks are found in huge patches thoughout the underground parts of the world.they can be found on any elevation where stone can also be found.all 3 blocks can be crafted,and 2 of the blocks recipes involve quartzite crystals/nether quartz.each of the 3 have their own tools,weapons,furnaces,bricks,stairs,slabs,stone walls,and polished versions.

16.basalt:it's a stone block only found under oceans, found in big patches in elevations,-10 to -200.they are only used in construction purposes(bricks,stairs,slabs,etc.).

17.Limestone:they are found in big patches under ocean,and desert biomes, at elevations of,-10 to -200,can be crafted into constructional blocks,and involved with a recipe for marbel.

18.netherack:it's a block that starts to make up most of the underground world after elevation, -20930,however it starts out in small amounts, until -30000,then it's like almost every block,however, ores,and stone can still generate. Netherack can be used to get nether brick,by smelting netherack in a furnace, and nether brick is used everything it does in Minecraft, but netherack can also make netherack tools&weapons. Nether quartz&Soul sand can be generated within netherack.

19.Glowstone:a block that emits bright light.it can be found between -20932 and -21032.it's used to do everything you can do with it in Minecraft.

20.Fossil: they can be found anywhere in ore veins of 10-25,between -4 and -20930.they are access to bones in MineTest.a fossil will drop 9 bones,if mined from a stone pickaxe and above.1 bone,crafts 3 bonemeal,1 bonemeal crafts 3 white dye,and 9 bones makes 1 fossil.fossils will look like the "Pile Of Bones" block players drop when they die,except a bit more light grayish.

21.Mossy CobbleStone:I know it's already in the game,but only in dungeons.this block will generate in jungles,and underneath jungles until elevation,-64.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: more ores/stones?

by MineYoshi » Mon Jul 11, 2016 20:40

1.Some of those blocks are from Minecraft...
2.You can have many of those blocks downloading many mods!
3.I know you really would like to see those blocks, but might is better to make a mod (it's easy) adding those blocks to the game...
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Tue Jul 12, 2016 04:35

How DO I make a mod?(without messing up the files,because I lillerally know nothing about the files for MineTest)

burli

by burli » Tue Jul 12, 2016 05:32

there is a mod, but under development

viewtopic.php?t=11779

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Fri Jul 15, 2016 03:03

BlueTangs Rock wrote:How DO I make a mod?(without messing up the files,because I lillerally know nothing about the files for MineTest)

Start here http://rubenwardy.com/minetest_modding_book/
And ask questions here, when needed https://forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=47

Once you have gotten to know, which files do what... experiment a little.
Always remember to make a copy of the original file first, and rename it in example to "nodes.lua-original"
This way, if something goes wrong, you can simply put the original file back in place.

I found it is best to ease into it in small amounts. Don't try to dive in too fast
Flick?... Flick who?

ABJ

GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ

by ABJ » Tue Jul 26, 2016 18:08

Some ores already have Minetest versions or counterparts.
Try the moreores mod. It adds such things as copper, silver, tin, mithril(lapis counterpart), gold, etc.
Technic mod also has some other ores such as zinc, aluminium, etc.
Bronze is an alloy of copper and steel ingots.

Although I think Minetest needs more alloys though, such as brass etc.

Also, I think it would be nice for balanced tool/weapon properties such as sharpness vs durability as in a situation with many similar ores like you describe. (This ore produces highly durable tools, this ore is similar but produces more powerful yet less durable tools), and to complement this, add level of protection by armor (instead of being a durability tank-slam, allow more powerful vs more durable armor with powerful swords able to bypass armor to a limited extent) <needs more discussion>

burli

by burli » Tue Jul 26, 2016 19:07

Cooper and gold are already in the default game and tin is not needed anymore to make bronce because you can make bronce now with copper and steel (in moreores it is/was? copper and tin)

ozkur

In-game: ozkur or XoRoUZ

by ozkur » Mon Aug 01, 2016 01:09

for the nether stuff look at the nether mod.
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

I am a native English speaker, Ich spreche kein Deuscht, mais je parle un pue français.

ozkur

In-game: ozkur or XoRoUZ

by ozkur » Mon Aug 01, 2016 01:11

also, lapis is a real rock, but is just used for trading to fro the african trading kingdoms, much like gold, (and salt from that time period). lapis, gold, salt, and emerald would be rather weak, likley unable to break rock. thats why they where used for trading. same for rubys, saphires, topaz, and other simalar gems. maybe you can use them for trading though, like to make coins, or even radios of a different frequency for each gem. like a cats cradle radio.
Biplanes! 'Nuff said

I am a native English speaker, Ich spreche kein Deuscht, mais je parle un pue français.

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Mon Aug 01, 2016 20:42

I am greatly surprised no one has done turquoise yet... (from what I have seen)
That would be a nice addition...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turquoise
and, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garnet

just a couple of ideas
Flick?... Flick who?

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Mon Aug 01, 2016 23:04

TumeniNodes wrote:I am greatly surprised no one has done turquoise yet... (from what I have seen)
That would be a nice addition...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turquoise
and, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garnet

just a couple of ideas

That Turquoise looks so great...

But about the tools, i think they should look great too!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

burli

by burli » Mon Aug 08, 2016 14:07

I'm working on a mod that adds more rocks to the ground

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Tue Nov 15, 2016 04:47

I might make a mod,after researching how to make one in the first place! Lol.

Return to Minetest Features