[vote] Is there any need for baked clay in default game?

Is baked clay really needed in default game?

Yes
63%
No
37%

Total votes : 19

Fixerol

IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

[vote] Is there any need for baked clay in default game?

by Fixerol » Sun Aug 14, 2016 19:46

there is wool you can colour already but some people may dislike the texture somewhat.

Is there any big reasons to have baked clay (example http://i59.tinypic.com/2mmik61.jpg) in default minetest game? Vote!
I'm just curious about this, I see experienced minecrafters use this kind of thing a lot. Some minetest servers also provide this. Or it will just clutter the inventory... sitting uselessly.

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

Re: [vote] Is there any need for baked clay in default game?

by firefox » Sun Aug 14, 2016 22:06

the baked clay in Xanadu has darker/less-saturated colours than wool, so it's not only for different textures but also for less flashy colours. =(^.^)=

Sokomine

by Sokomine » Sun Aug 14, 2016 23:03

Baked clay is a very decorative building material, especially that version used on Xanandu. I'm undecided weather or not it ought to be included in the default game as the default game will always be lacking in regard to diversity of nodes. Yet...it really is a good and even somewhat realistic building material. Unless chalk from some version of darkage or the like is installed, whiteish mateials are hard to come by. Clay by itshelf may be too rare in normal mapgens. Digging it requires diving and still destroys the seabed. Flowers, which are often the only source of some dyes, seem to become harder and harder to obtain. Worlds with newer mapgens sometimes have a very low supply of actual flowers. Thus, baked clay seems to be a very expensive material. It shouldn't be that way.
A list of my mods can be found here.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 20:30

If you make a way that be nice and easy to "craft" or get that baked clay, i would accept...
It's a nice idea, more blocks to do pixel art...
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to Minetest Features