Minetest client new tab: addons

ph8jPf9M

GitHub: 22i

Minetest client new tab: addons

by ph8jPf9M » Thu Oct 13, 2016 18:43

Do you think subgames, mods and texture packs are easy to install now? Wait till you get to install them via addon tab from minetest itself.

Idea is to add a new tab called addons that could works similair to supertuxkart addons

On supertuxkart game installing new tracks, karts and tracks is as simple as navigating through the game menu choosing the track and pressing install. There is no need to visit external website to download the track and then install it manualy.

It would work like this: when you switch the tab to addons there would be three tabs: subgames, mods and texture packs. there would also be notification if any of these got updates and if so there would be an option to update everything.

on the subgame tab there would all the old, wip and released subgames. By clicking on some subgame you will get to see subgame details with pictures, list of mods,description and option to install the subgame. There would categories to change between wip, old and released subgames.

on the mods tab there would be categories to sort mods like these http://wiki.minetest.net/List_of_Mods By clicking on some mod you will get to see mod details with pictures, description and option to install the mod including its dependencies.

on the texture pack tab there would be categories to sort texture packs by pixels 8x 16x 32x 64x By clicking on some texture pack you will get to see texture pack details with pictures, description and option to install the texture pack.
Attachments
tuxadons.png
tuxadons.png (265.41 KiB) Viewed 543 times

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: Minetest client new tab: addons

by MineYoshi » Thu Oct 13, 2016 21:59

If you know how to implement MinetestModDataBase to the game (Also Known As Client), i guess you can...
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to Minetest Features