[Request] Custom drawtypes (as fencelike)

lord_james

[Request] Custom drawtypes (as fencelike)

by lord_james » Wed Mar 27, 2013 15:49

I know we have xfences and xpanes connect nodes, but I think thi way use a lot of resources and code. A good feature for mods It could be a new class of drawtype in c++ where you can determinate the rules to change this node to another shape like fences and panes. Also could add rules to connect with anothers nodes, etc. What dou you think?

PilzAdam

GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Wed Mar 27, 2013 16:31

I have this branch flying arround that changes the behaviour of fencelike drawtype: https://github.com/PilzAdam/minetest/commits/fencelike
Maybe it helps a bit.

lord_james

by lord_james » Wed Mar 27, 2013 17:01

I know PilzAdam, But I wants to mean a new drawtype (custom drawtype) where I can write all the nodes changes a C++ change it automatically without use more lua code. For example: instead of the new mesecon wires who use a lot of nodes, I define the rules of how work nodes and they place it correctly like fences.

Evergreen

GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Wed Mar 27, 2013 19:59

lord_james wrote:I know PilzAdam, But I wants to mean a new drawtype (custom drawtype) where I can write all the nodes changes a C++ change it automatically without use more lua code. For example: instead of the new mesecon wires who use a lot of nodes, I define the rules of how work nodes and they place it correctly like fences.

Yeah, it would be nice if that was a drawtype. It would be helpful for decor mods.
"Help! I searched for a mod but I couldn't find it!"
http://krock-works.16mb.com/MTstuff/modSearch.php

Return to Minetest Features