yes
100%
no
No votes

Total votes : 14

In-game: 1248

Re: [Game]Regnum[1.8.0]

by 1248 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 16:13

azekill_DIABLO wrote:Nice! but your game looks gigantic, and too heavy for me and my computer.

I know the game is very big and it's hard to understand everything, but there will come some informations about everything in Regnum in the next updates.
MineYoshi wrote:I like it :D

I would like to see little buildings over the mapgen, likely dungeons...

I will work on some buildings.
azekill_DIABLO wrote:bug report:
can't wear armor

I will try to help you:
1. You can find a house button in the inventory
2. If you press the button, you can see a new page with nine buttons.
3. If you press the "Armor" button, you will come to the armor inventory
4. You can see five fields on the left
5. You have to put the helmet at the top and the boots at the bottom.(like in minecraft)
6. You have to put the shield in the right field
If you can't put any armor in the fields, I can't help you. :(
can't see the regnum logo in fullscreen (resolution problem)

Is it away or does it looks different?
can't spawn without getting killed (nearly harder than voxellar)

Yes it is very hard to start with Regnum because of the monster.
You have to build armor very fast.

I hope I could help you. :)
Sorry for bad english

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:45

thank you!

EDIT: where?
Attachments
screenshot_20161009_124556.jpg
screenshot_20161009_124556.jpg (142.35 KiB) Viewed 9650 times
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

by 1248 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:28

Regnum 1.9.0 will come on 14-8-2016 4pm (german time).
I hope you will enjoy the new update.
:)
Sorry for bad english

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Oct 10, 2016 16:01

nice! but can you answer to the edit of my precedent post?
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

by 1248 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 15:18

azekill_DIABLO wrote:thank you!

EDIT: where?

I do not know what you mean.
If you mean the armor, you have to click on the house.
Then press the "armor" button and you will come to my armor inventory.
Sorry for bad english

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Tue Oct 11, 2016 18:56

is it wierd. click on a house for armor, imean... this is the sethome button!

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Wed Oct 12, 2016 00:38

azekill_DIABLO wrote:is it wierd. click on a house for armor, imean... this is the sethome button!

maybe is a method to keep the inventory more clean, in that case try to change the icon to something that can be more understanded.
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:02

Yeah.

by 1248 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:33

MineYoshi wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:is it wierd. click on a house for armor, imean... this is the sethome button!

maybe is a method to keep the inventory more clean, in that case try to change the icon to something that can be more understanded.

That's right. I will change the icon.
Sorry for bad english

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Oct 12, 2016 21:05

1248 wrote:
MineYoshi wrote:

That's right. I will change the icon.

Ok. :D
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Thu Oct 13, 2016 16:39

Yeeppee!

Re: [Game]Regnum[1.9.0]

by 1248 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 14:04

1.9.0 is released and I have changed the icon in the inventory.
You can get more informations about Regnum in the regnum guide and you can see your awards in the inventory.
I hope you like the new version of minetest regnum.
Last edited by 1248 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for bad english

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Fri Oct 14, 2016 15:58

1248 wrote:1.9.0 is released and I have changed the icon in the inventory.
You can get more informations aout Regnum in the regnum guide and you can see your awards in the inventory.
I hope you like the new version of minetest regnum.

Cool :D +10021456486!

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Oct 14, 2016 18:00

Same but even more!

Re: [Game]Regnum[1.9.2]

by 1248 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 23:02

Regnum 1.10.0 will come on 21-10-2016 4pm (german time).
It will be one of the biggest updates.
More Settings, new mob, changes....
Last edited by 1248 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for bad english

Re: [Game]Regnum[1.10.0]

by 1248 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 14:01

Regnum 1.10.0 is released
Sorry for bad english

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 17:44

CHAMPAGNE!!!!!

by 1248 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 16:40

Regnum 1.11.0 will come on 11-11-2016 4-6pm (german time).
The subgame will be easier and there are many changes.
Sorry for bad english

Re: [Game]Regnum[1.11.0]

by 1248 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 15:00

Regnum 1.11.0 is released
Sorry for bad english

Re: [Game]Regnum[1.11.1]

by 1248 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 19:03

After one month I will upload Regnum 1.12.0.
There will be some new mining tools, new Regnum Guide pages and lots of other nice stuff.
(for more look in "Comming in 1.12.0" at the top)
The new update will come on Friday 09-12-2016 4pm (german time) I hope.
I don't have so much time for Regnum and no good ideas.
After the next version (1.12.0) there will come Regnum 1.13.0 and Regnum 2.0.0 and than I will not make any more updates in the next few month (but I is not the End of Regnum).
Sorry for bad english

Re: [Game]Regnum[1.12.0]

by 1248 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 15:01

Regnum 1.12.0 is released :)
and there will come Regnum 1.13.0 on Friday 14-12-2016, 4-6pm german time.
Sorry for bad english

Re: [Game]Regnum[1.13.0]

by 1248 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 15:02

Regnum 1.13.0 is released
Post some suggestions for improvement, to get a stable Regnum version.
The final Regnum version 2.0.0 will come in the next weeks. Please help me to make a good subgame.
Sorry for bad english

Re: [Game]Regnum[2.0.0]

by 1248 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 15:04

The final version Regnum 2.0.0 is released. I hope you enjoy all the new things.
The new version is only for Minetest 0.4.14, but there will also come a Regnum version for 0.4.15.
If you want a newupdate in the future you have to vote for it. If there comes a new update, it will come only for Minetest 0.4.15. This was the last panned update, but it is not the end.
Sorry for bad english

Nightmare_LP

GitHub: NightmareLP
In-game: Useless

Re: [Game]Regnum[2.0.5]

by Nightmare_LP » Tue Jan 03, 2017 15:37

Seems like nobody cares for your subgame anymore \ (°-°) /
My english is not perfect!

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Game]Regnum[2.0.7]

by Wuzzy » Fri Jan 13, 2017 05:38

Not true. I have tried an earlier version of this, but I got killed so often, I gave up. I was also a bit overwhelmed by the many features, most of which I did not understand. It's been a while, so I gave the new version a shot.

Major version 2 has important improvements, such as a simple in-game help. This was very needed, thanks for that. It is hard to get started in this subgame, because there are many unique features. I think your subgame could make good use of my Help modpack.

About the gameplay: At first the game is interesting, I get hunted and slaughtered by dirt and sand monsters almost instantly. Finally a real challenge.
Probably one of the very first things to do is to grab dirt while you run for your life, and eventually build an dirt emergency shelter. Finding apples is also very important. Without apples, you are toast in seconds.
However, as soon as I crafted only WOOD armor, all combat becomes essentially meaningless. Wood armor seems to block ALL attacks and seems to be surprisingly durable. If I upgrade to tin armor, I seem to be immortal already. The rest of the game seems to be mostly just a Minetest Game, but on steroids.
It's not bad, actually. It really gives the player a HUGE amount of tasks to do. I guess this easily makes Regnum the current leader in playtime. I just hoped Regnum would be more hack-and-slay style (which it totally is at the beginning, but quickly becomes meaningless). This is a HUGE missed opportunity. ;-(
I love the fact that you added some sort of achievements system. This is a very good addition for a game like this, and the achivements are also very meaningful, for major milestones only.
I am a bit confused why you added TWO achievement systems, however. I don't really see a reason here. Why not merging both? Or do you think these are conceptually different?

The wrapping paper is … weird. So apparenty the player gets random gifts. It's a somewhat unusual gameplay mechanic, but you'll get used to it. It's a interesting way to give the player lots of loot quickly.
I don't really understand the death wrapping paper. Is there some way to open the death gifts without hurting myself?

The bags are really crazy. They offer an absurd amount of inventory space, but they are also pretty hungry for wood. But I think they are also worth it. I think absurd amounts of inventory space absolutely makes sense in this subgame, as this allows the player to focus more on travelling and hack-and-slay. It seems that I could at one point even play without any home base. It is REALLY annoying to craft the bags, however, I have to do LOTS of clicking, even if I already have all the materials ready. But it's mostly Minetest's fault for not offering a proper crafting system. Minecraft-style crafting SUCKS, in my opinion, especially for recipes with crazy amounts of items.

What really sucks in this game are the graphics and the texts. The custom graphics don't fit into the rest of Minetest Game's textures. I see you somehow want to use your own style.

The spelling is just awful. This subgame should be proofread one day. Some items use German words for some reason. Some items do not even have a name! Hint: Try the qa_block mod to spot errors in your subgame.

What is REALLY disappointing is that there are only 4 mobs. I mean, why do you need 120 battleaxes for only 4 mobs? I hoped the mobs will become stronger and stronger as I progress but sadly, they don't seem to do that. So, while I can craft tons of stuff, I don't see a real need to craft anything stronger than a diamond sword and a wood armor.

I have no idea why you added Mesecons AND Technic. And even Homedecor (WTF?). I guess Technic or Mesecons may make sense, but why Homedecor?

I have not yet figured out how to mine these special X-shaped “ores” or something, other than by using TNT. Not even the mese pickaxe works. These seem to be rather important.

The crafting recipes are absolutely crazy, and it is pretty annoying to craft as this involves many repetitions.
I agree with the idea to involve crafts with huge numbers, the problem is, that it is often annoying to craft.
This is partially Minetest's fault. Regnum is obviously hitting the limits of Minetest's crafting system, especially the fact that crafting recipes can only have as many input items as the crafting input size (e.g. 9 items for a 3×3 grid). Which makes recipes with huge amount pretty much impossible. Except you pretty much worked around that by repeating the recipes over and over again. Yeah, it works, but it is a very ugly solution if you ask me. :/

I think weapon and/or armor crafts need to be simplified. Using the standard crafting grid seems to be too tedious to use. I suggest you maybe add a block which the player has to use to improve weapons or armor. Maybe an anvil or something like that. The idea behind this is to get rid of some pages in the crafting guide, which is hard to navigate with all these recipes.
Also, PLEASE check all your crafting recipes (hint: use qa_block). I noticed that the mese block has two crafting recipes, but only one recipe “wins” at the end. (mese block → LV cable and mese block → mese crystal. LV cable “wins”). I suppose there are many other crafting recipe mistakes.

DNA crafting seems to be broken. Rarely it actually advances the progress. Or is it based on chance? Also, it seems to consume much more items than it should, if I don't place exactly 1 item on each slot.

Oh boy, I have TONs of more things to say about this subgame (I just scratched the surface) but I am running out of steam for today. xD
Maybe I write more later. Maybe.

To recap:
- I like the concept of trying to push Minetest to the extremes, and with absurd quantities of items
- Good job for adding LOTS of stuff to do, keeping the player busy
- Regnum is Minetest Game on steroids, and it is crazy … in a good way!
- Achievements. Yay!
- Bad gameplay balancing destroys a the hack-and-slay gameplay
- Far too many crafting recipes, and very unwieldy crafting
- Only 4 mobs :-(

As for whether you should continue this: Well, you decide.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

Re: [Game]Regnum[2.0.7]

by 1248 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 22:33

Thanks for your very big post.
Wuzzy wrote:Not true. I have tried an earlier version of this, but I got killed so often, I gave up. I was also a bit overwhelmed by the many features, most of which I did not understand. It's been a while, so I gave the new version a shot.

Yes it is very hard to start with Regnum, but I changed the damage by monsters in the Regnum version 2.0.6 so it is a bit easyer to start and I also tried to explain some of the features in the Regnum Guide.
Wuzzy wrote:Major version 2 has important improvements, such as a simple in-game help. This was very needed, thanks for that. It is hard to get started in this subgame, because there are many unique features. I think your subgame could make good use of my Help modpack.

I will think about
Wuzzy wrote:I am a bit confused why you added TWO achievement systems, however. I don't really see a reason here. Why not merging both? Or do you think these are conceptually different?

It will take very long to get a achievement. Why I added two achievement systems: In the past I added the awards mod, but I don't find a way to build my own type of awards (see If somebody has something in the inventory) So I decide to build my own system.
Wuzzy wrote:I don't really understand the death wrapping paper. Is there some way to open the death gifts without hurting myself?

The death gift will also give you mese and some other things
but there is no way to open without hurting.(Maybe I will change it)
Wuzzy wrote:The spelling is just awful. This subgame should be proofread one day. Some items use German words for some reason. Some items do not even have a name!

Yes. I started with Regnum when I was very young and I came from Germany. At the beginning every item has a german name.
I changed this in Regnum version 1.0.4. But I overlook some german words. I have no nobody who can look after my spelling.
I am still very young and I am not good at spelling and english.
Wuzzy wrote:What is REALLY disappointing is that there are only 4 mobs.

Oh, I don't update the description. There are 3 monster (sand,dirt,stone) and 5 animals(dog,cat,dragon,sheep and the 1248 Knight)
Wuzzy wrote:I mean, why do you need 120 battleaxes for only 4 mobs? I hoped the mobs will become stronger and stronger as I progress but sadly, they don't seem to do that. So, while I can craft tons of stuff, I don't see a real need to craft anything stronger than a diamond sword and a wood armor.
[..]
I have not yet figured out how to mine these special X-shaped “ores” or something, other than by using TNT. Not even the mese pickaxe works. These seem to be rather important.

You do not really need the 120 battleaxes for the mobs. You need them for the differend ores. And you need them maybe if you play with other player. If you have the best armor you can jump higher and with last 8 battleaxes you will get some ores double if you dig them.
Wuzzy wrote:I have no idea why you added Mesecons AND Technic. And even Homedecor (WTF?). I guess Technic or Mesecons may make sense, but why Homedecor?

I added Mesecons and technic for the auto crafter and for the electric furnace to build some things faster. At the beginning I invented Regnum for my Regnum server. I want nice houses so I added homedecor.
Wuzzy wrote:I think weapon and/or armor crafts need to be simplified.

I am still working on it
Wuzzy wrote:Also, PLEASE check all your crafting recipes (hint: use qa_block). I noticed that the mese block has two crafting recipes, but only one recipe “wins” at the end. (mese block → LV cable and mese block → mese crystal. LV cable “wins”). I suppose there are many other crafting recipe mistakes.

I will change it
Wuzzy wrote:DNA crafting seems to be broken. Rarely it actually advances the progress. Or is it based on chance? Also, it seems to consume much more items than it should, if I don't place exactly 1 item on each slot.

Yes it is based on chance,but maybe I will change it a bit in the next few Regnum versions
Wuzzy wrote:Oh boy, I have TONs of more things to say about this subgame (I just scratched the surface) but I am running out of steam for today. xD
Maybe I write more later. Maybe.

That would be great.
Wuzzy wrote:As for whether you should continue this: Well, you decide.

I have much other projekts, but I will continue with minetest and Regnum.

In the future I will change:

-Put battleaxe, armor, mining laser and drill in a differend craft guide (cone since 2.1.0)
-some gift changes (done since 2.0.8)
-look after my craftings (done since 2.0.8)
-change dna chraft (done since 2.0.9)

Thank you again wuzzy
Last edited by 1248 on Fri Feb 24, 2017 15:02, edited 3 times in total.
Sorry for bad english

Re: [Game]Regnum[2.0.9]

by 1248 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 13:06

11 people want a new big update for Regnum. Please write some ideas for a new update!
Sorry for bad english

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Feb 15, 2017 19:38

Well, for starters, a new crafting guide would be needed. Zcg is a very outdated crafting guide and has poor group support and does not show the correct output count.

I think you should use [craftguide] instead. It has more features and is much faster.
viewtopic.php?t=14088

But there is a HUGE amount of crafting recipes, so maybe you still should to modify [craftguide] or maybe look for ways to cut down the number of recipes.
There are just way too many crafting recipes and items which apparently exist only for crafting steps, so if you can somehow reduce these, it would help in keeping an overview.

I noticed that a lot of recipes are actually very equal and I guess it is going to be tedious

Oh! And there need to be a LOT more mobs with various difficulty, and balancing. What's the point of having the super ultra whatever battleaxe if you can defeat all monsters with ease at a much earlier stage? Frankly, there doesn't seem to be much balancing at this point.

Also, armor is overpowered, as I already said, even wooden armor made me near-invincible, so wooden armor basically turned Regnum from a game which liked to kill me a lot into a sandbox.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

by 1248 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 00:43

Thank you Wuzzy.
I will look after a new craft guide, but not in the next few updates.
I found a chance to cut down the number of recipes and I will change the armor.
I split the Craft Guide in a Regnum Craft Guide where you can see how to craft battleaxes & armor and a main Craft Guide with all other items. Now there are only 13 pages left.

Regnum 2.1.0 will come on 24-02-2017 4pm (german time).
Sorry for bad english

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:52

cool! it's been a while it idn't watched it, i will try it back!

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Subgames