[Game] MineClone 2 [0.17.0]

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.13.0]

by octacian » Tue Feb 28, 2017 04:41

Ah, you are right. I had forgotten about how you cannot actually force the client to display the minimap.

On the topic of more recent changes, this PR might help with getting anvils working.

GitHub is like the center of open source, I mean, just, ... :rotfl:

I guess launchpad would be a more valid "center," but STILL, I mean, ugh, :P
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Tue Feb 28, 2017 08:15

Noticed that rain should be more dark blue and more transparent. There should also be more drops, and they should be slightly smaller and faster. Snow skybox should be a little whiter I think. There is still no player preview or craft grid in creative mode. Anvil should make a sound when placed and when it hits the ground. Bug with anvil: rotates when it hits the ground (wants to always be on X axis). Also, particle effects will soon be possible (or easier in any case) in the next MT version since particle effects were added.
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.12.1]

by azekill_DIABLO » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:32

sofar wrote:
azekill_DIABLO wrote:i don't think so...

EDIT: a new better pack: UNITY 16x

NC, and it probably violates MC copyrights, and it's actually not 16px.

So I doubt Wuzzy would pick that. I'd advise him not to.

your true it's an hybrid pack sorry. but don't add summerfields texture, i think it does not looks like minecaft at all.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38

Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

Bu_Gee

GitHub: Bu-Gee
In-game: Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Tue Feb 28, 2017 15:34

TumeniNodes

GitHub: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:01

It appears that someone, who is willing and has the time, will need to create a texture pack, which closely resembles the default MC texture pack, and release it under a free license.

This seems the simplest, and most obvious solution to this issue.
I would suggest though, whomever takes on the task, keep their source files in a folder within the TP for proof of creation.
Flick?... Flick who?

GreenDimond

GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

by GreenDimond » Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:09

I might take on the task when get the time. But I need Wuzzy to say he will use it before I go and spend boat-loads of time on this.
I am Green. I tend to binge-post. "All of this over a 16x16 representation of a cartoon cat ?!?! what has this world come to..." -TenPlus1, 2017.
Diz mah mods! :D ↑ github.com/minetest/minetest_game/issues/1647#issuecomment-288134572 ↑
Sand Plus - Tac Nayn - Waffles - Coming Soon: Caverealms Plus

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Tue Feb 28, 2017 16:34

I could! i just need to start form a pack like hdx 16*16 and i could do it, in something like a month or less. starting now!

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 19:26

The texture pack doesn't have to resemble Minecraft that well. It just needs to be a “light” reminder. Also, it is also probably better if it doesn't look TOO similar to Minecraft. You know, because of copyright. But as I said, this “minecraftiness” is a rather loose requirement. 16×16 is much more important.

Are you really sure you want to create a whole texture pack just for MineClone 2? I think this is a bit overkill and clearly not the “simplest” solution. Not before extensive research has been done and there really isn't a good free/libre 16×16 texture pack available. Personally, I don't want to believe this. It can't be that hard to find a free/libre 16×16 texture pack, right?

PS: HDX 16×16 sounds like a contradiction in itself. XD
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Tue Feb 28, 2017 20:13

Wuzzy wrote:The texture pack doesn't have to resemble Minecraft that well. It just needs to be a “light” reminder. Also, it is also probably better if it doesn't look TOO similar to Minecraft. You know, because of copyright. But as I said, this “minecraftiness” is a rather loose requirement. 16×16 is much more important.

Are you really sure you want to create a whole texture pack just for MineClone 2? I think this is a bit overkill and clearly not the “simplest” solution. Not before extensive research has been done and there really isn't a good free/libre 16×16 texture pack available. Personally, I don't want to believe this. It can't be that hard to find a free/libre 16×16 texture pack, right?

PS: HDX 16×16 sounds like a contradiction in itself. XD

I know "I" wasn't offering :P But I think azekill and greendiamond might be?
I would think if they worked in cohesion, maybe one on blocks, etc and the other on tools, etc.

But, anyway... there has to be some TP available which has a free license, or possibly the owner could be contacted to get permission ( I know many are pretty reasonable regarding this).

I keep procrastinating about getting in touch with Glimmar for a mod I made for myself which I'd really love to share, so, I know procrastination can sometimes play a large role ; ) .. especially when you have so much more important areas to focus on for now

IDK how anything 16px can be "HD"? o_0
Flick?... Flick who?

Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 00:07

I don't make textures so this might be the stupidest idea ever, but can't we just scale the existing textures to 16x?

I like the current textures.

Since I'm getting elbow deep in this now, lemme throw in my opinion: Aside from slightly faster draw times what is the benefit of a 16x texture anyhow? Is it really important to ship with 16x just because Minecraft does when the stated goal is to be Minecraft-ish?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 02:07

The main reason is to be nice to texture pack makers. Many mods have 16×16 textures by default. 16×16 is simply the de facto standard in the Minetest community.

I like the current textures, too. I will miss them. :-/ But I can of course package the Faithful textures as a separate texture pack. I think this may even become an “official” texture pack as this is a high-quality texture pack AND pretty complete AND minecrafty AND under the MIT license.

It's not about load times. Currently, the lion's share of the loading time is probably caused by the music track for the juke box. :-(

I have just now tried to simply scale down the textures, just to see what happens. :D The result looks meh. The blocks look more or less OK, but not as good as under the original. The plants look really crappy and clearly need a manual rework. As this probably requires a lot of manual rework to look at least vaguely decent, I'm not going to do that. Too much work.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Wed Mar 01, 2017 03:08

I have to apologize in advance if I seem to be talking too much in this thread regarding textures... I hope it is not being rude?
I just want to mention that even if the preferred pixel scale is 16... you could use it but, for the occasional texture which does not reduce as well (because the space for detail is reduced by 1/2) you could then use the 32px.
It's not like this is a taboo process... it is rather practical... or you could even try the texture at 24px and so on... just go with the lowest px you can use to keep a decent look to each texture...
Do not be limited to the "status quo" of "16px, 24px, 32px, 48px, 52... and so on.... just use what works best for each individual texture...
This balances both quality in detail and drain on resources... Just my opinion and in the end.. most end users will not even notice or even know... they will just enjoy both
Flick?... Flick who?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 05:26

Sorry, I have to disagree. You can clearly distinguish if 16×16 textures are mixed with 32×32 textures and it rarely gives a good result. There's a reason why the “status quo” dictates an uniform texture size.

PS: The first ever mod for MineClone 2 has just been added to the forums! It's “Supplemental blocks for MineClone 2” [mcl_supplemental] and contains many of the glaring Minecraft omissions of stairs, slabs and fences (e.g. end brick stairs, red nether brick slab, nether brick fence gate) and a couple of other interesting blocks for building.
Check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16813

Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 19:39

Just a quick question: It seems like my digging and placing distance dropped by one block in all directions a couple of days ago. Was this on purpose, or is it a bug?

I guess I should bring up the related question: How far does MC let you dig and place (I think it is several blocks farther, just from watching let's play videos) and are you looking to make MineClone 2 have similar dig and place distances?

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 20:17

According to Minecraft Wiki, the pointing range is ca. 3.975 blocks. In Minetest, the default is 4. I recently tried to reduce this number to 3.975 but I noticed that Minetest appears to only accept whole numbers for the range so the 3.975 probably became a 3.
I just increased the range back to 4. The error of 0.025 blocks is acceptable.

Wuzzy

Version 0.14.0 (The Granite Update)

by Wuzzy » Fri Mar 03, 2017 17:19

Version 0.14.0 (The Granite Update) is here!

This update is mostly made out of bugfixes, there aren't many new features.

Changelog (important changes in bold):
  • Granite, andesite, diorite and dirt now generate underground (as shown in screenshot)
  • Add simple (but incomplete) food poisoning mechanic for some toxic foods
  • Add cauldron
  • Add water bottle and the (useless) 3 base potions
  • A few poisonous foods restore less hunger points (will be changed when real status effects are in place)
  • Update all wool textures to use Faithful 1.11 textures
  • Carpets don't burn anymore
  • Add huge mushroom blocks
  • Remove dye when using it on a sheep
  • Ladder fixes: Can only be placed on the side solid blocks (with some exceptions such as glass). Ladders are now solid.
  • Forbid to dig liquids in Creative Mode
  • Drop armor on death
  • Drop crafting grid contents when player leaves or joins
  • Mob name length is now restricted to 80 characters. This fixes a crash for VERY long names
  • Rightclick fixes: Many items have been fixed so that the rightclick of a block takes precedence of the rightclick of the item. This fixes annoying accidental eating when rightclicking a door
  • Item frames now should be able to hold all items of MineClone 2
  • Improve some wield images of some items
  • Fix invisible buttons in item frames
  • Don't generate ugly particles when digging barrier
  • Extinguishing fire by rain makes a sound
  • Rain wettens farmland
  • Sunlight now goes through ladders and top snow
  • Furnaces now only take 1 lava bucket as fuel
  • Furnaces now accept 1 empty bucket in the fuel slot for wet sponge cooking
  • An empty bucket in the furnace fuel slot will turn into a water bucket when cooking a wet sponge
  • Sponge are no longer WIP: Many bugfixes, they also suck in water as soon as water touches it
  • Fix some pathfinding bugs with mobs
  • Tweak weird zombie jumping
  • Zombie pigmen don't die in light

Please tell whether you think the rate of diorite, andesite and granite is appropriate / balanced.

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

Re: [Game] MineClone 2 [0.14.0]

by texmex » Fri Mar 03, 2017 17:27

Great progress Wuzzy, keep it up!
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Fri Mar 03, 2017 23:09

Not sure if I did this the wrong way or, if it is not a feature coded into mobs in MT yet?

But, my kid had a good laugh last night... I was showing him your game, and there was a wolf.

"Feed it bones!" he said... "It will be your friend!!!" "that's how it works in MC".

I tried to give the wolf a bone.... left click = woops... ok, now he's mad...
right-click.... nope.... he's still angry at me!!!!! HELP!!!!! :P

So, I think it is obvious what my question is....
Flick?... Flick who?

turtleman

IRC: turtleman_
In-game: Traveler

by turtleman » Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:11

TumeniNodes wrote:Not sure if I did this the wrong way or, if it is not a feature coded into mobs in MT yet?

But, my kid had a good laugh last night... I was showing him your game, and there was a wolf.

"Feed it bones!" he said... "It will be your friend!!!" "that's how it works in MC".

I tried to give the wolf a bone.... left click = woops... ok, now he's mad...
right-click.... nope.... he's still angry at me!!!!! HELP!!!!! :P

So, I think it is obvious what my question is....

Right click, but it won't work on an angry wolf.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:21

Yes, you must have angered the wolf and in this mood, it can't be tamed. Wolves as well as taming them is very incomplete. But I think taming works when they are neutral, then you can give them commands via right-click.
If you angered a wolf, you could try to run away until it no longer hunts you, then return to the (now neutral) wolf.

Note the tamed wolves are not Minecraft-like at all. Because this is still a very, very incomplete feature (as well as mobs in general).

Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:52

Please pardon my ignorance on the subject, but do I have to regenerate my world to get the new stone blocks, or will they generate in an unexplored part of the map? If the latter, how unexplored are we talking about?

Diamond knight

In-game: Diamondknight or diamond_knight

by Diamond knight » Sat Mar 04, 2017 03:56

Wither skeletons use bows when they should use stone sword
I can never get enough MESE!!!!!!!!!

my subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11901

TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Sat Mar 04, 2017 06:07

Wuzzy wrote:Yes, you must have angered the wolf and in this mood, it can't be tamed. Wolves as well as taming them is very incomplete. But I think taming works when they are neutral, then you can give them commands via right-click.
If you angered a wolf, you could try to run away until it no longer hunts you, then return to the (now neutral) wolf.

Note the tamed wolves are not Minecraft-like at all. Because this is still a very, very incomplete feature (as well as mobs in general).

Thank you both, turtleman and Wuzzy...
Flick?... Flick who?

turtleman

by turtleman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 03:04

People mentioned villages earlier -- do villages still spawn? Can villagers trade? I have not encountered any yet.

Bu_Gee

by Bu_Gee » Sun Mar 05, 2017 16:29

Bu_Gee wrote:Please pardon my ignorance on the subject, but do I have to regenerate my world to get the new stone blocks, or will they generate in an unexplored part of the map? If the latter, how unexplored are we talking about?

I answered my own question. You can just go to a previously undrawn part of the map to get the new generation. According to my viewer, this behavior is the same as MC.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 18:35

I pushed some bugfixes for wither skeletons; they now use melee combat. But skeletons and wither skeletons are still very poory implemented. I hate the fact that skeletons are unable to shoot arrows / are buggy in general.

Villages do not spawn anymore. They were just floating around most of the time which made them very unpleasant to look at, so I removed them for now. Map generation and generated structures in general are still very simple. Most of the overworld is just the stock v6 map generator. Only the small plants, cocoas, papyri, cacti, ores, bedrock and the Void use actually custom code.

The current top priority is to finish most of the various block definitions. I don't know when I start to work on the map generator for real. Very important is the proper implementation of trees and saplings but I have been pushing this away from me for a long time. :D

And yes, it is true. Any new features in the map generator can be found in existing worlds as long you explore new areas nobody visited before. This behvaiour comes directly from Minetest, so all other subgames will behave the same way.
I should have mentioned that in the change log (shame on me! :D).

mr_dean

In-game: mr_dean

by mr_dean » Tue Mar 07, 2017 16:41

You did a really good job on this Wuzzy, I wanted a game that made gameplay similar to that of Minecraft, but Overcraft Origins was so buggy that it was unplayable. So I was kinda doubtful when I saw this, but I installed it anyway, and it works fine. I also really like the music (thx Jordach) and the jukebox, it ads quite a bit to the game. I was thinking about making a similar mod, but never got around to it. Anyway +10 hundred billion :D

EDIT: I noticed a small problem with the furnace. A furnace will still cook a item even when the output slot is full. What I mean is, in Minecraft, the cooking process will stop once the progress is full, but in this game, the cooking will still continue even if the output is occupied. e.g. cooking mutton, then without removing the mutton, cooking beef. The beef still cooks and is removed from the input slot. In Minecraft, that is impossible. Although, this may be a engine issue.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure that what you heard is not what I meant. - Author Unknown

turtleman

by turtleman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 03:40

I love this game a lot, I have enjoyed playing it and seeing more and more stuff implemented. I modified travelnets to work in MineClone:

(link removed)

Replace mese with a gold block. I haven't tested elevators yet, only travelnets. I am hoping to modify more mods to work on MineClone as well.
Last edited by turtleman on Thu Mar 09, 2017 21:39, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzzy

Version 0.15.0 (“The HUD Update”)

by Wuzzy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 21:13

Version 0.15.0, nicknamed “The HUD Update”, is here!

Changelog:
  • Complete ore generation rework: Tweak probabilities, cluster sizes and spawn heights
  • Coal appears in deep underground as well
  • White and light blue glazed terracotta
  • Achievements. Some basic achievements are implemented, but not dependencies.
  • HUD shows the name of your wielded item
  • Redesign of crafting table form and player inventory menu
  • Creative Mode: Add crafting guide button in survival inventory
  • Creative Mode: Add armor slots in survival inventory
  • Experimental map generation: Sandstone gets generated
  • Tweak skeleton and wither skeleton mobs. Still need a lot of work
  • Spruce trees instead of dark oak trees appear in snowy biomes now
  • All 6 saplings now grow trees, but they have the wrong shape
  • Saplings grow in 2 stages (not visible) before becoming a tree
  • Increase leaf decay distance to 4
  • Ender pearls are not craftable anymore

Bugfixes:
  • Fix silent ladder placement
  • Fix removing ladder twice on placement
  • Fix crash when activating TNT
  • Fix chicken not floating in water
  • Fix crash after digging vines
  • Reset cooking progress when changing the source item while smelting
  • Upgrade hbarmor mod to version 0.3.0, fixes possible error message spam
  • Fix item frames sometimes destroying items after placing them
  • Fix oak wood planks have a long dig time with axe

@turtleman: Forking an entire mod just for crafting recipes is bad. It works, but it is bad. Better would be if the original mod has an optional dependency on mcl_core (for the gold ingots) and only adds the crafting recipe if mcl_core is found. In case this is not possible, a seperate mod for crafting recipes could be added; it might seem overkill but it avoids redundancy hell.

@mr_dean: The bug is confirmed and tracked under https://github.com/Wuzzy2/MineClone2-Bugs/issues/141

PreviousNext

Return to WIP Subgames