[Game] Carbone [carbone] – minetest_game, improved

Subgames that have been abandoned and no longer work properly with the latest version of Minetest.
ExeterDad

In-game: ExeterDad

Re: [Game] Carbone [carbone] – minetest_game, improved

by ExeterDad » Mon Mar 02, 2015 23:55

I normally don't start Minetest from the consol, but did today and noticed the 3d_armor_boots_diamond.png message. I'm baffled on how it happened. Somehow I missed a reference to the image in the blend file that I exported to b3d in the 3d
_armor mod. I'll fix it asap and send a pull request to the 3d_armor repo.
Sorry about that :)
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Kibbie and I have a beautiful public server now! HOMETOWN

fhatking

GitHub: fhatking
In-game: fhatking

by fhatking » Tue May 05, 2015 12:34

i downloaded this mode but it showed error and told to check in debug.txt for more details and when i checked it ,it said"18:08:51: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: E:\minetest\bin\..\mods\carbone\init.lua:
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: cannot open E:\minetest\bin\..\mods\carbone\init.lua: No such file or directory
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run E:\minetest\bin\..\mods\carbone\init.lua
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run E:\minetest\bin\..\mods\carbone\init.lua"
plz help in this error.

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Tue May 05, 2015 13:52

fhatking wrote:i downloaded this mode but it showed error and told to check in debug.txt for more details and when i checked it ,it said"18:08:51: ERROR[main]: ========== ERROR FROM LUA ===========
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: Failed to load and run script from
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: E:\minetest\bin\..\mods\carbone\init.lua:
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: cannot open E:\minetest\bin\..\mods\carbone\init.lua: No such file or directory
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: ======= END OF ERROR FROM LUA ========
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: Server: Failed to load and run E:\minetest\bin\..\mods\carbone\init.lua
18:08:52: ERROR[main]: ModError: ModError: Failed to load and run E:\minetest\bin\..\mods\carbone\init.lua"
plz help in this error.

You need to extract Carbone into the games folder, not the mods folder.

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Fri May 08, 2015 20:24

maybe you could replace the included beds mod with this one
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9881&hilit=bed

FreeLikeGNU

GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Sun Jul 12, 2015 04:01

I love Carbone as MT game of choice, however, I cannot seem to damage mobs (even sheep). I'm runnning minetest v0.412 headless linux server and linux client. If I remove the game/carbone/mods/mobs folder and replace it with a clone of TenPlus1's Mobs Redo repo ( https://github.com/tenplus1/mobs ), the mobs get hurt as expected when attacked. Please advise!
EDIT:
I should mention that this is a build from the ppa: https://launchpad.net/~minetestdevs/+ar ... ntu/stable

When I build my own from latest git source as of latest commit c3dead719a @kilbith kilbith authored 8 days ago the Carbone mobs seem to take damage normally...

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Fri Jul 17, 2015 15:19

Noooo, why is this no longer maintained? I don't want to be forced to use the bleeding-edge version of Minetest with all its bugs. :-(

Calinou

GitHub: Calinou
IRC: Calinou
In-game: Calinou

by Calinou » Fri Jul 17, 2015 15:59

Wuzzy wrote:Noooo, why is this no longer maintained? I don't want to be forced to use the bleeding-edge version of Minetest with all its bugs. :-(

This is based on a 0.4.9 minetest_game, back when minetest_next did not even exist.

Once 0.4.13 is released, you will be able to play Carbone NG with the stable version.

Previous

Return to Old Subgames