Unable to type on Window 10 [Solved]

Googler

In-game: Googler

Unable to type on Window 10 [Solved]

by Googler » Sat Jun 18, 2016 02:06

Hello

I am unable to type anything in Minetest with my Window 10 Notebook - login, chat etc. However, I am able to copy (notepad, Firefox etc) and paste things into Minetest. I am also able to use keys such as movement and space.

My Notebook contain two graphic processing units (GPUs). I tried running on both GPUs and the problem is the same.

Since this bug do not crash Minetest, I do not think there is a need for debug.txt here.

Edited: Using the latest version of Minetest. In the previous version, whenever I type a 'space' will appear. In the latest version, no 'space' appear but nothing is output too.

Kindly look into this issue.
Last edited by Googler on Mon Jun 20, 2016 04:51, edited 1 time in total.

MykieDoesStuff

In-game: MykieDoesStuff

Re: Unable to type on Window 10

by MykieDoesStuff » Sat Jun 18, 2016 14:16

Strange... I'm running Windows 10 and everything working fine.

Did it work for you before? Did you try 32 bit or 64 bit? And maybe older version of Minetest?
For fast response... send me a PM

Googler

by Googler » Sat Jun 18, 2016 14:45

MykieDoesStuff wrote:Strange... I'm running Windows 10 and everything working fine.

Did it work for you before? Did you try 32 bit or 64 bit? And maybe older version of Minetest?

It never work for me on my Window 10 Notebook. It does work on my Window 7 desktop though. My operating system is 64 bit and I am using the latest version of Minetest 64bit. I just tried the 32 Bit portable version and it is not working either. What older version of Minetest do you recommend?

Ferk

GitHub: Ferk

by Ferk » Sat Jun 18, 2016 14:51

What language is your operative system on?
If you have, for example, some variant of English, try setting it to "English (United States)".

It seems the engine has trouble with some locales in Windows.
{ ☠ Dungeontest ☠ , ᗧ••myarcade•• }

Googler

by Googler » Sat Jun 18, 2016 17:07

Ferk wrote:What language is your operative system on?
If you have, for example, some variant of English, try setting it to "English (United States)".

It seems the engine has trouble with some locales in Windows.

Yes! This is the problem!

So previously I have two languages, ENG UK (SG) and ENG US (SG). I always use US (SG). I installed ENG (US) (US) and Minetest work perfectly now. Thank you!

Return to Minetest Problems