MINETEST SERVER ERROR: GENERATING BIOMES EVERYWHERE.

ParaklataChotou

GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

MINETEST SERVER ERROR: GENERATING BIOMES EVERYWHERE.

by ParaklataChotou » Sun Nov 13, 2016 23:03

BEFORE
Now

You build your beautiful building, and then, BANG!!! A weird biome appears. How can I stop this glitch on my world?
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

Re: MINETEST SERVER ERROR: GENERATING BIOMES EVERYWHERE.

by Byakuren » Mon Nov 14, 2016 09:05

I'm guessing that map corruption is causing areas to be generated because the existing stuff there is corrupt. If that's the case, I don't think you can fix it in that world.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:40

Byakuren wrote:I'm guessing that map corruption is causing areas to be generated because the existing stuff there is corrupt. If that's the case, I don't think you can fix it in that world.

If I do a new world with the same mapseed, and then I import the map.*sql, it would restore all buildings and stuff and fix the problem?
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Mon Nov 14, 2016 18:23

ParaklataChotou wrote:
Byakuren wrote:I'm guessing that map corruption is causing areas to be generated because the existing stuff there is corrupt. If that's the case, I don't think you can fix it in that world.

If I do a new world with the same mapseed, and then I import the map.*sql, it would restore all buildings and stuff and fix the problem?

By map corruption I mean the database file. I don't think it would fix it, if map corruption is the issue.
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Mon Nov 14, 2016 20:12

A solution can be saving and importing buildings with ".mts"!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Nov 14, 2016 23:28

Now my server it's working. I created a new world, and added the map.sql, and it's working amazing. You can test it building a new world (called worldA, for example, taking the map.sql, and importing to another new world, and check if the map.sql imported the worldA to the new world.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Wed Nov 16, 2016 20:10

Well... Be sure of player info, and that you don't forget any important data of the server...
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Thu Nov 17, 2016 02:33

MineYoshi wrote:Well... Be sure of player info, and that you don't forget any important data of the server...

Yes, n_n areas folder (areas mod), travelnet folder (travelnet mod), xban folder and ip ban folder.

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 19:50

ParaklataChotou wrote:
MineYoshi wrote:Well... Be sure of player info, and that you don't forget any important data of the server...

Yes, n_n areas folder (areas mod), travelnet folder (travelnet mod), xban folder and ip ban folder.

Well... then i think you solved the issue! Yay! :D

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sun Nov 20, 2016 15:11

Well, a part of the problem seems to be that xdecor fails to set is_ground_content to false for most nodes. Which means the cave generator is allowed to destroy xdecor's nodes.

This may be not the whole problem, but surely it's a part of the reason why this appens.
I'm creating MineClone 2, a Minecraft clone for Minetest.
I made the Help modpack, adding in-game help to Minetest.

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Sun Nov 20, 2016 22:44

Wuzzy wrote:Well, a part of the problem seems to be that xdecor fails to set is_ground_content to false for most nodes. Which means the cave generator is allowed to destroy xdecor's nodes.

This may be not the whole problem, but surely it's a part of the reason why this appens.

WTF?!!! THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE.
The only reason is worldedit mod. The command //deleteblocks.
I used that command in a far distant area... It creates new biomes. The pos were really tiny, but looks like this command creates a bug inside the world files. And now is creating more biomes in another areas; biomes everywhere lol.
;\

TARD

GitHub: kingtard
IRC: turd
In-game: TARD

by TARD » Wed Nov 23, 2016 07:30

I had problem with //deleteblocks before. It replaced random blocks with others far outside the area I tried to edit. I don't think it's part of worldedit, it's built in. "replace default:blockname air" works but also has a bug if I edit a large area, but can be fixed with "replace air air"

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Sun Nov 27, 2016 23:52

TARD wrote:I had problem with //deleteblocks before. It replaced random blocks with others far outside the area I tried to edit. I don't think it's part of worldedit, it's built in. "replace default:blockname air" works but also has a bug if I edit a large area, but can be fixed with "replace air air"

Thank you Tard. It worked with lights problem. I've built a new server. Thank you n_n.

Return to Minetest Problems