Having trouble with mods

Haywee

IRC: Haywee
In-game: Haywee

Having trouble with mods

by Haywee » Mon Dec 19, 2016 17:46

Hey, My name is Haywee, And I am having trouble adding mods like the WIKI says and I need help, I excact them and all that and put it in the mod in the minetest folder and still giving me the error saying Failed to load and run script from C:/games/minetest/bin/../mods/jukebox/init/lua: cannot open no such file or directory HELP!

KCoombes

In-game: Knatt or Rudilyn

Re: Having trouble with mods

by KCoombes » Fri Dec 23, 2016 21:01

Haywee wrote:Hey, My name is Haywee, And I am having trouble adding mods like the WIKI says and I need help, I excact them and all that and put it in the mod in the minetest folder and still giving me the error saying Failed to load and run script from C:/games/minetest/bin/../mods/jukebox/init/lua: cannot open no such file or directory HELP!

I hope you have a typo here: C:/games/minetest/bin/../mods/jukebox/init/lua - should be .lua. If that isn't the problem, make sure you always remove the "-master" from mod folders or they won't load.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

Re: Having trouble with mods

by MineYoshi » Sat Dec 24, 2016 00:09

In the mods folder there should be a "init.lua" and "textures" folder (sound, models and maybe others too) If they aren't there, there is going to be that issue of "cannot open such file or direcory". Check the mod folder, at least you should have a "ïnit.lua" there.
If that file is not there, otherwise the mod won't work.
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to Minetest Problems