Successfully activating mods

Peacob

Successfully activating mods

by Peacob » Thu Feb 02, 2017 19:33

Hello all, I was wondering if anybody could aid me in activating mods (Linux). I have installed both Creatures MOB-Engine and Animals Modpack. Once installed I am able to see them in MineTest and supposedly activate them in a world. However, once I load said world there are no animals or creatures to be seen. Any suggestions?

CuriousNoob

Re: Successfully activating mods

by CuriousNoob » Thu Feb 02, 2017 21:58

Peacob wrote:Hello all, I was wondering if anybody could aid me in activating mods (Linux). I have installed both Creatures MOB-Engine and Animals Modpack. Once installed I am able to see them in MineTest and supposedly activate them in a world. However, once I load said world there are no animals or creatures to be seen. Any suggestions?

Hi

Off the top of the head, based on personal experience and browsing others' copious Minetest issues, I'd first recommend checking whether the mods have actually stayed enabled/activated after launching and closing again ... I've found numerous times the tedious disappointment of mod-conflicts and version-incompatibilities, where they seem to disable themselves on launching the game, if it actually gets that far without a crash-message dialogue-box.

Just an idea.

the_raven_262

GitHub: theraven262
IRC: the_raven_262 Raven262 Corvus262 corvus
In-game: the_raven_262 Raven262 Nevermore

by the_raven_262 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:33

If you want to check if the specific mod is activated in the world, enter that world and type /mods on the chat.The mod list will be printed on the top of your screen showing all the active mods in the current world.If the mod you desire to be activated, is not present on that list, activate it from the minetest's main menu, by selecting the world and then pressing the configure button.This will also show all of the active/non active mods, just select the ones you want to activate by double clicking them or clicking on the "enabled" button.
Hope this helps :P
EDIT: It seems that the two mods you want activated are incompatible (Animals Modpack and the creatures mob engine). Choose one of them :P
My favourite quote is NOOT NOOT! (By comrade Pingu)
Which roughly translates to "The revolution will be swift and without mercy!"

Peacob

by Peacob » Mon Feb 06, 2017 19:36

Thank you both for your help. I attempted to activate each individually. However, the creatures mob engine seems to dis-enable upon launch. While the Animals Modpack has broken paths. I think with the Animals Modpack I am installing something improperly maybe? I downloaded the file and unpacked it in the Mods folder I created. The error messages are looking for dependencies, but unable to find them. When I look for these specific files it appears that they are in the original unpacked file. However, if I drag them to the main mods folder, not the subfolder of the mod, there seems to be conflict messages then.

Peacob

by Peacob » Wed Feb 08, 2017 00:57

Okay I installed Mobs_Redo and the Mobs_Animal for it. I was able to get the enable to stick this time and no errors upon loading a game. However, I have yet to see any animals. It is night in my world, do they pop up during the day? DO I have to create a new world?

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Wed Feb 08, 2017 22:16

Peacob wrote:Okay I installed Mobs_Redo and the Mobs_Animal for it. I was able to get the enable to stick this time and no errors upon loading a game. However, I have yet to see any animals. It is night in my world, do they pop up during the day? DO I have to create a new world?

Try to explore out... Also, when you are in creative, are there eggs?
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Peacob

by Peacob » Fri Feb 10, 2017 20:35

MineYoshi wrote:
Peacob wrote:Okay I installed Mobs_Redo and the Mobs_Animal for it. I was able to get the enable to stick this time and no errors upon loading a game. However, I have yet to see any animals. It is night in my world, do they pop up during the day? DO I have to create a new world?

After an in-game day refresh animals started to appear. My kids and I were exploring a lava cave when we saw something move as we passed a corridor. When we went back we saw it was a rat/mouse. The kids were elated and better yet, once the rat touched the lava... POOF! it exploded into nothingness. That elicited a lot of giggles from the kiddos. Thanks all for the help.

MineYoshi

GitHub: MineYosh
IRC: MineYoshi
In-game: Kirby_Retro

by MineYoshi » Fri Feb 10, 2017 23:26

Peacob wrote:
MineYoshi wrote:

After an in-game day refresh animals started to appear. My kids and I were exploring a lava cave when we saw something move as we passed a corridor. When we went back we saw it was a rat/mouse. The kids were elated and better yet, once the rat touched the lava... POOF! it exploded into nothingness. That elicited a lot of giggles from the kiddos. Thanks all for the help.

Good to hear! :) Hope you have fun with your children!
People talk about freedom of speech, so i'll say that God exists.
Open your eyes!! See The big unicorn conspiracy.!! :D The government has been lying to us about unicorns!!
"I've learned there are three things you don't discuss with people: religion, politics and the Great Pumpkin" - Linus Van Pelt
I'm the Officially 1st ABJist in the world ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Return to Minetest Problems