Reporting problem with run-in-place behavior for 0.4.15

lightseer

Reporting problem with run-in-place behavior for 0.4.15

by lightseer » Fri Feb 03, 2017 18:57

Hi, this is not urgent. I was not going to report it, but I thought developers might want to know. If you want to know more reply what information you would like, and I'll try to get it for you. I do not intend to use the compiled game in place however. Unless it is of interest for development or helping with other bugs, no need to reply.

I am using Ubuntu 16.04. Compiling 0.4.15 with typical options and running in place, the game compiles and loads however any added mods do not load textures. For example I test it with the Dice2 mod. The mod reports no errors, but textures simply do not load. The mod is properly installed I think. I have not tested this mod with an installed 0.4.15, just the one I compiled and ran 'In place'.

duane

GitHub: duane-r

Re: Reporting problem with run-in-place behavior for 0.4.15

by duane » Sat Feb 04, 2017 00:09

That's strange. I'm running Ubuntu 16.04 as well, and I haven't noticed anything like that. I always compile to run in place.

Have you seen any odd errors in your debug.txt? When you run cmake, does it find all the libraries you might need?

lightseer

Re: Reporting problem with run-in-place behavior for 0.4.15

by lightseer » Sun Feb 05, 2017 01:05

I lost the original compile! After compiling it again I am unable to reproduce the error. Dice2 works fine in place. Its good that it works, but I am annoyed that I lost the original debug.txt. Sorry, duane.

Return to Minetest Problems