Cannot paste into Minetest properly

Sergey

Cannot paste into Minetest properly

by Sergey » Sat Feb 11, 2017 19:10

When I open console to enter command (using slash [/] button) and try to paste something from clipboard by pressing [Ctrl]+[V], console shows previous command. Оnly after I press [Ctrl]+[V] second time, clipboard contents will be inserted into it.

Example:
/teleport + [Ctrl]+[V] (coordinates are in clipboard) => /teleport + <wrong numbers>

After I delete those wrong numbers (using [Backspace] button) and paste from clipboard again, its data will be inserted properly.
Last edited by Sergey on Tue Feb 14, 2017 20:26, edited 2 times in total.

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: Console is slowpoke

by octacian » Sun Feb 12, 2017 02:36

AFAIK, this is not a direct issue with Minetest or the console. Instead, it is an issue with Irrlicht (the engine used by Minetest). Issues related to this have been discussed before, and I believe the solution at this point is to make sure you have to latest release of Irrlicht. At the times the issue was discovered, it was harder as some users had to switch clipboard managers because the patch had not yet been released. I can't provide any sure information about this, but that's what I remember.

Personally, I'm having an issue where I can't paste into MT at all, but can copy stuff in MT and paste outside. However, with this in mind I would ask if you could change the title to "Cannot paste into Minetest".
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

Sergey

Re: Console is slowpoke

by Sergey » Sun Feb 12, 2017 02:45

octacian wrote:However, with this in mind I would ask if you could change the title to "Cannot paste into Minetest".

OK. I changed the title.

Return to Minetest Problems