Windows 7 VS2008 compiling problem

Switch5681

Windows 7 VS2008 compiling problem

by Switch5681 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 02:58

I wasn't sure whether this should go here or the Development forum, but since I'm a newb with C++ (never used it, I'm all VB.net), I thought I'd try to honor the newb-free theme of that forum and post here instead.

Anyway, so to my problem. I'm trying to compile celeron's latest work in progress, with the modifications he's made in the last day or two. I've followed the directions in the ReadMe file as best as I can figure. I'm running VS2008 Pro. I change the active solution configuration to release, then build the ALL_BUILD project, which builds successfully. When I try to build the INSTALL project, I get an error message that says
"Error 1 error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Post-Build Event..." INSTALL INSTALL"

I did some digging online and figured out at least where this Post-Build event is at and that it's some command going to cmake. I've only ever compiled relatively simple VB.net applications and haven't done anything like this before. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?

Return to Minetest Problems