Accessing SQLite database from other processses

rarkenin

Accessing SQLite database from other processses

by rarkenin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 13:42

On the SQLite FAQ, I read that if I want a mod to use Python to write to the SQLite database at runtime, that is possible... if Minetest properly locks the tables and is willing to wait for a lock.

So, will Minetest server acquire a lock on the SQLite database, and more importantly, will it wait for the lock without blocking other processes? I think a mod using IPC with Python could be useful.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

BrandonReese

GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Sun Feb 03, 2013 20:48

I think more importantly how will you notify minetest that changes have been made to the database if the nodes or objects you are manipulating have already been loaded into memory by the server?

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 20:49

BrandonReese wrote:I think more importantly how will you notify minetest that changes have been made to the database if the nodes or objects you are manipulating have already been loaded into memory by the server?

That's important. I haven't thought of that. Is there a way to detect whether a chunk is loaded(but not necessarily be able to do something if it isn't)?
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

Return to Minetest Engine