[Mod] Fun Caves [fun_caves]

duane

GitHub: duane-r

Re: [Mod] Fun Caves [fun_caves]

by duane » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:33

taikedz wrote:Are you trying to turn this more into a modpack then? With fun_caves, fun_trees, fun_meteors ....? :-P

No. I just want to be able to include my favorites with any mapgen.

I'd like to make the underworld generator a little more flexible, so it's reasonably easy to make custom zones. At the moment, most of the levels are generated roughly the same, but with different nodes. That way you could make a green cheese underworld at 500 blocks down, if you took a fancy.

Diamond knight

In-game: Diamondknight or diamond_knight

by Diamond knight » Sat Jan 28, 2017 15:31

When are the dungeons, sky realms, gems, and tesseracts being made mods
I can never get enough MESE!!!!!!!!!

my subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11901

duane

by duane » Sun Jan 29, 2017 05:07

Diamond knight wrote:When are the dungeons, sky realms, gems, and tesseracts being made mods

I might do the sky realms (although mapgen 7 has them now). I doubt I'll break out the dungeons or tesseracts.

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Mon Jan 30, 2017 09:14

duane wrote:I might do the sky realms (although mapgen 7 has them now).

Ay but the nice cloudy areas make it a bit more sky-ful ... this isn't obtained in the normal floatlands from mgv7 so sky realms would still have a distinct purpose...

duane wrote:I doubt I'll break out the dungeons or tesseracts.

That being said, I thought the tesseracts were of some importance/significance to reaching and defining the natures target realms, so it would be less easy to break the mapgen parts out...?

duane

by duane » Mon Jan 30, 2017 23:37

I've posted Underworlds, which is a bit more open to change now (see original post). There shouldn't be any need for teleporters to reach them, since they're only a few hundred meters down with about a hundred meters between each level. Also, making tesseracts would be problematic, since people can add, remove, or edit them.

If I break the sky realms out, I'll need some way to get to them, but I can do that separately for each realm.

Previous

Return to WIP Mods