[Mod] Easy crafting table [crafting]

qwertymine3

GitHub: Qwertymine
In-game: qwertymine3

Re: [Mod] Easy crafting table [crafting]

by qwertymine3 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 21:00

texmex wrote:You're right, the grid suggests recipes still. This is what I would do then.
+ Spoiler

That's pretty much the one I just changed from -_- (with the exception that the fields were obnoxiously large in mine).
Image That said I may change back, as I'm not sure about the usability of the new interface.

I think I'll consider trying to decouple the mod from the UI - so that we could better discuss these UI designs, and to make it possible to embed in a player crafting window.

I'm also thinking of inverting the fields (adding multiple itemlists into the formspec for each visible inventory) to make the fields fill up from the bottom rather than the top - do you think this wouold be a good idea?

texmex

GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: texmex

by texmex » Wed Feb 15, 2017 22:08

I think I'll consider trying to decouple the mod from the UI - so that we could better discuss these UI designs, and to make it possible to embed in a player crafting window.

I'm also thinking of inverting the fields (adding multiple itemlists into the formspec for each visible inventory) to make the fields fill up from the bottom rather than the top - do you think this wouold be a good idea?

Sounds good, both of it!
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

IKRadulov

by IKRadulov » Wed Feb 15, 2017 23:57

Hmm this does the same as minecraft xbox / pocket edition crafting ?

qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 08:52

IKRadulov wrote:Hmm this does the same as minecraft xbox / pocket edition crafting ?

Yes - but the crafting table uses it's own inventory rather than the player inventory.

texmex

by texmex » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:52

qwertymine3 wrote:Thank you for finding that bug - made a simplfication error with one of my bug-fixes previously.
It is now fixed!

Now what happens for me is that the whole client window turns gray and becomes unresponsive instead. macOS, MT 0.4.15.
I spend all my days going down to the mines. Under the ground where the sun never shines. Breaking my back I put heat in your house. I’ve got the roar of a digtron, the breath of a mouse.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Feb 17, 2017 16:18

got away a short time, and now it looks awesome!
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 18:13

texmex wrote:
qwertymine3 wrote:Thank you for finding that bug - made a simplfication error with one of my bug-fixes previously.
It is now fixed!

Now what happens for me is that the whole client window turns gray and becomes unresponsive instead. macOS, MT 0.4.15.

Can you please post the contents of your log file when this happens - I will be unable to reproduce otherwise

texmex

by texmex » Fri Feb 17, 2017 18:25

Sorry, of course. Here you go.
+ Spoiler

qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 22:02

texmex wrote:Sorry, of course. Here you go.
+ Spoiler

That was just a line for testing and should never have made it into the final commit - it has been removed and the table should work again - thank you for pointing this out.

texmex

by texmex » Sat Feb 18, 2017 09:37

qwertymine3 wrote:That was just a line for testing and should never have made it into the final commit - it has been removed and the table should work again - thank you for pointing this out.

Seems to work now, thank you! Can't duplicate nor crash it now. :)

I will try this out on a private server in parallel with the regular crafting system. So instead of the crafting table giving a larger grid like in MC, it gives others powers. Should work okay.

texmex

by texmex » Sun Mar 05, 2017 16:25

Another idea: How about an option to simply have the mod scanning player inventory directly instead of the player having to place items in the left column? That would essentially be the craftguide with progressive mode but that you may also craft directly in it.

qwertymine3

by qwertymine3 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 20:36

texmex wrote:Another idea: How about an option to simply have the mod scanning player inventory directly instead of the player having to place items in the left column? That would essentially be the craftguide with progressive mode but that you may also craft directly in it.

There are a few issues with this idea - the most immediate one being that it would likely introduce a new set of bugs, as both shift clicking items out, and moving items to the crafting inventory both have their own bugs.

There is also issues of practicality:
1. There are 8*4 (32) inventory slots, which would cause a large number of possible crafting combinations - especially for players like me who always have some wood and some stone in their inventory at all times (both very common ingrerdients.

2. It also removes the possibility of using the craftin tables as a persistant workbench to craft a single type of item. I have a work bench with sicks and diamonds for making tools with for example. This also removes any motivation to make more than one other than for convinience.

3. The immediate return o fcrafts into the scanned inventory would cause a large number of updates to the possible outputs - making it quite likely for people to mis-craft items.

4. Some recipes have a 1-1 crafting cost, it would be difficult to allow a player with a full inventory to craft with them and not drop the crafted items.

texmex

by texmex » Sun Mar 05, 2017 22:46

Thank you for thinking one step ahead there, those are all very valid points!

Previous

Return to WIP Mods