[Mod] MicroExpansion [0.2] [microexpansion]

XtremeHacker

GitHub: XtremeHacker
In-game: XtremeHacker

Re: [Mod] MicroExpansion [0.1] [microexpansion]

by XtremeHacker » Thu Feb 23, 2017 05:03

Thanks for the PR, I'm still new to modding, so expect rough edges, your PR has been merged in the Futuristica branch. :)
If you say that
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
function.name_of_thing_to_do
is impossible, then you didn't try hard enough. :P

Mods I work on: MicroExpansion

octacian

GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

Re: [Mod] MicroExpansion [0.2] [microexpansion]

by octacian » Fri Feb 24, 2017 20:45

The first real release is here, v0.2! Yeah, it's not v0.1, but I always don't get the first version quite right. As this is the first release yet not really, I'll outline the feature more in depth below.

A single 8k ME storage drive is available, which when placed in the cell slot an ME chest allows you to store 8 thousand items in a single item. The chest has a search bar, to search for items in it, and all the items in the player inventory can be moved to the storage cell at the click of a button. Whenever items are added or removed from the cell, the description is updated showing the current number of items in the cell vs the max items.

Before trying v0.2, be sure to check the original post and make sure you have a build of MT-dev with the commit specified near the top or newer.

Anyways, enjoy!
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, Interchangeable Hands

Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)

octacian

by octacian » Sun Mar 05, 2017 18:44

Version 0.3 Snapshot:

This upcoming release hopes to introduce a basic power system with two generators and an electric furnace known as a "Super Smelter." It will also introduce two super-powerful tools: the In Xtremo Axe and Pickaxe as well as an ore called "Supernatet" which will be able to float (it looks very similar to diamond, but lighter in colour). Two smaller things are the machine casing (will be used in crafting most machines) and the Steel Infused Obsidian Ingot.
Attachments
ME-Snapshot.png
ME-Snapshot.png (610.17 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:

Byakuren

GitHub: raymoo
IRC: Hijiri

by Byakuren » Mon Mar 06, 2017 03:37

It doesn't look like power networks are done yet, but based on the file names, is it right to say that ME power networks are going to be ticked by controller blocks like in Technic?
Every time a mod API is left undocumented, a koala dies.

XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 05:06

Yes, you are correct, we are hoping (we as in me :P) to add some cool functions to them to make them mre then a sitting block.
Also, be on the lookout for the stuff I add from random ideas (I get them a lot), think of me as the thinker. :)

Can't wait for 0.4! :D
If you say that
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.

Gerhart.P

by Gerhart.P » Sun Mar 26, 2017 20:42

[quote="octacian"]Image
when is this mod work with minetest 0.4.15 please let me know

octacian

by octacian » Mon Mar 27, 2017 02:59

Gerhart.P wrote:when is this mod work with minetest 0.4.15 please let me know

The mod currently works on 0.4.15-dev. There are no plans to support 0.4.15-stable. Yes, this is an inconvenience for the users, but it makes the development of this mod far easier and allows us to create a better mod overall.

With this in mind, the only way to use this mod at the time is to use a version of Minetest compiled after February 3rd, 2017. When 0.4.16-stable is released, we will for a time anyway base ME off the stable release, but it is very likely that ME will use many new features as they are released and for that reason you may have to compile MT yourself as ME is updated.

Thanks for your interest!
God isn't dead!

My Coolest Mods:

XtremeHacker

by XtremeHacker » Mon Mar 27, 2017 15:34

TExtures are being worked on, code tweaked, Blender rigging gone wrong, which means loads of cool stuff for the future (blender rigging will be fixed though), if you want to fix an un-seen bug, contribute some art, or just give some ideas, please do, we are excited to hear what you guys think. :D
If you say that

Previous

Return to WIP Mods