[OFFLINE][hungry_games_plus] GunshipPenguin's Hunger Games

GunshipPenguin

GitHub: GunshipPenguin
IRC: GunshipPenguin
In-game: GunshipPenguin

[OFFLINE][hungry_games_plus] GunshipPenguin's Hunger Games

by GunshipPenguin » Sat May 16, 2015 01:59

I recently stumbled upon this subgame, viewtopic.php?pid=66383. After noticing that there were no servers running it, and thinking that it looked like quite a bit of fun, I decided to create my own.

This server is running my hungry_games_plus fork of Splizard's hungry_games. Its topic can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13114.

This server is hosted in Vancouver, BC, will be up 24/7, and has 30 slots.

When you join, you will spawn in a glass box, this is the lobby. To vote for the next game to start, you will have to use the command /vote. If there is already a game in progress, you will have to wait for it to finish.

There is a 90 second grace period where PvP is disabled, during this time you will want to collect as much stuff from the chests scattered around the arena as you can. When the grace period is up, the last man standing wins the match.

gunshippenguin.com:30001

Images!
Shot of part of the arena from above
Shot of the starting area (Pedestals are where players are spawned in)
Map of the entire arena
Last edited by GunshipPenguin on Thu Dec 31, 2015 23:42, edited 9 times in total.

Wuzzy

GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [0.4.12][hungry_games] GunshipPenguin's Hunger Games Ser

by Wuzzy » Sat May 16, 2015 03:55

I just joined this server and this is how it looks like to me:

The HUD is broken and the screen is just black. Did I spawn in the ground or something? :-/

PS: I spawned in (0, 0, 0).

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Sat May 16, 2015 04:19

Wuzzy wrote:I just joined this server and this is how it looks like to me:

The HUD is broken and the screen is just black. Did I spawn in the ground or something? :-/

Give it a try now. I set the static spawnpoint to the lobby area.

horse_lover

IRC: LizzardBeth
In-game: horse_lover LizzardBeth

by horse_lover » Sat May 16, 2015 14:19

Wuzzy wrote:I just joined this server and this is how it looks like to me:

I have the same problem. It says that I spawned in 0,0,0 but I can move a little bit as if there's something around me. Just wanted to let you know
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D
Fishies too <3 Fish Lore - Aquarium Fish Information

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Sat May 16, 2015 16:07

Lol, I have basically become immortal. I have obtained a full suit of diamond armor. A steel sword does no damage at all to me.
And I keep all armor over the rounds.
I guess this makes the game far too easy.

I also noticed you can keep items in your crafting grid as well.

I also managed to escape the glass barrier by simply digging the dirt below it and walk through. But I somehow got trapped when I got to the other side; I was unabled to dig further and glass appeared behind me.

twoelk

by twoelk » Sat May 16, 2015 16:58

Wuzzy wrote:Lol, I have basically become immortal. I have obtained a full suit of diamond armor. A steel sword does no damage at all to me.

I also managed to escape the glass barrier by simply digging the dirt below it and walk through. But I somehow got trapped when I got to the other side; I was unabled to dig further and glass appeared behind me.

hehe, a "lagtrap"

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Sat May 16, 2015 17:26

Wuzzy wrote:Lol, I have basically become immortal. I have obtained a full suit of diamond armor. A steel sword does no damage at all to me.

Your crafting inventory and armour inventories are now dropped upon death. As for escaping from the arena, I'll have to take a look at that, not sure exactly how the original author of this subgame wrote it.

horse_lover

by horse_lover » Sat May 16, 2015 21:29

Is this server on the server list website? I can't seem to find it... Even though it's right here, I've been suggesting this server to others but they can't find it on the server list
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Sun May 17, 2015 04:12

horse_lover wrote:Is this server on the server list website? I can't seem to find it... Even though it's right here, I've been suggesting this server to others but they can't find it on the server list

I had minetest comiled without curl support, so it wasn't announcing to the server list. Just fixed that.

programmingchicken

GitHub: ProgrammingChicken
IRC: gamer chicken
In-game: gamerdude

by programmingchicken » Mon May 18, 2015 00:28

The winner of a round seems to drop his/her items sometimes, but I think the winner should die, drop all items, and get on a podium somewhere in the lobby. (all items in chests and on ground should be destroyed, and the map should be rebuilt based off an original copy somewhere close to the arena) Also, if you join the server during a match, you don't get fly and fast. :P Bugs everywhere: You can just relog if you are getting attacked and save your items, also you should take away the /vote option, it just bores everyone. Hungry games chests can be removed. All in all, it just needs some work. My final recommendation is that everyone loses their items on login. (and random maps!) TIP FOR NEWBS: get some armor from the chests, then mine trees, make the tree into wooden planks, then make a sky base. (lol, sorry guys who were annoyed with me for doing this) #gamerdude+bethlizzard+seed=WINNAZ
I'm bold. I'm sarcastic. I'm PChicken.

horse_lover

by horse_lover » Mon May 18, 2015 02:13

programmingchicken wrote:The winner of a round seems to drop his/her items sometimes, but I think the winner should die, drop all items, and get on a podium somewhere in the lobby. (all items in chests and on ground should be destroyed, and the map should be rebuilt based off an original copy somewhere close to the arena) Also, if you join the server during a match, you don't get fly and fast. :P Bugs everywhere: You can just relog if you are getting attacked and save your items, also you should take away the /vote option, it just bores everyone. Hungry games chests can be removed. All in all, it just needs some work. My final recommendation is that everyone loses their items on login. (and random maps!)

Yes I agree with all this. Some people just log out when they're about to die and it just bugs me soo much.
programmingchicken wrote:#gamerdude+bethlizzard+seed=WINNAZ

Yaaaas! lol
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Mon May 18, 2015 17:17

Programmingchicken sums it up pretty well. This game/server is buggy as hell.

• When you log out, you keep all your items, you should drop everything, as programmingchicken said. That way, you can't just chicken out when you are about to lose; logging out is equivalent to losing
  • I still sometimes spawn in (0,0,0)
  • The game seems to be stuck if one of the last 2 contestants just leaves the game by i.e. timing out
  • Sometimes even if all but one players have been killed, the game gets stuck and won't continue to the next round. :-(

I also agree with that /vote thing but I think this complaint should go into the subgame thread: viewtopic.php?pid=66383

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Mon May 18, 2015 18:30

Wuzzy wrote:Programmingchicken sums it up pretty well. This game/server is buggy as hell.

• When you log out, you keep all your items, you should drop everything, as programmingchicken said. That way, you can't just chicken out when you are about to lose; logging out is equivalent to losing
  • I still sometimes spawn in (0,0,0)
  • The game seems to be stuck if one of the last 2 contestants just leaves the game by i.e. timing out
  • Sometimes even if all but one players have been killed, the game gets stuck and won't continue to the next round. :-(

I also agree with that /vote thing but I think this complaint should go into the subgame thread: viewtopic.php?pid=66383
programmingchicken wrote:The winner of a round seems to drop his/her items sometimes, but I think the winner should die, drop all items, and get on a podium somewhere in the lobby. (all items in chests and on ground should be destroyed, and the map should be rebuilt based off an original copy somewhere close to the arena) Also, if you join the server during a match, you don't get fly and fast. :P Bugs everywhere: You can just relog if you are getting attacked and save your items, also you should take away the /vote option, it just bores everyone. Hungry games chests can be removed. All in all, it just needs some work. My final recommendation is that everyone loses their items on login. (and random maps!) TIP FOR NEWBS: get some armor from the chests, then mine trees, make the tree into wooden planks, then make a sky base. (lol, sorry guys who were annoyed with me for doing this) #gamerdude+bethlizzard+seed=WINNAZ

I had no idea I would run into this many bugs :P. Anyways, I've been checking out the code for this subgame on Github, and I've noticed why a few of these things are happening. I'll do my best to fix them, but it may take awhile.

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Mon May 18, 2015 20:34

Ok, I've fixed one problem.

From what I've got going through the lua code, hungry_games keeps track of which players are currently playing a match and which ones aren't by their privs. If they have interact, they're playing, if they don't, they're not. This is ok, but was quite complicated, and seemed to be causing the problem where when only 1 player is left, the game dosen't continue onto the next round.
I fixed this by keeping track of which players are in a match in a table. When the game starts, the names of all players who are playing are put in a table. When a player dies, or leaves, his name is removed. When the length of the table is 1, we know that we have a winner.
I've played a few games with my changes, and it appears to be working fine, matches end when only 1 player is left.

Next thing to fix is the whole keeping your items upon logout situation.

Edit: For anybody interested in the code: https://github.com/GunshipPenguin/hungry_games

Amaz

GitHub: Amaz1
IRC: Amaz
In-game: Amaz

by Amaz » Mon May 18, 2015 21:21

You'll probably have found a method of resetting a player's inventory by the time you see this, but here is some code that clears a player's inventory on join (Or on leave, if joinplayer is replaced with leaveplayer, this doesn't work in singleplayer though. Just a note for if you're testing it, rather than code wise, since this isn't really meant to be played in singleplayer!)
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
minetest.register_on_joinplayer(function(player)
   local player_inv = player:get_inventory()
   player_inv:set_list("main", {})
   player_inv:set_list("craft", {})
end)

Hope this helps!

If you want the items to be dropped, this code works (Multiple snippets of code is what comes from reading the thread backwards... *sigh*):
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
minetest.register_on_leaveplayer(function(player)
   local player_inv = player:get_inventory()
   local pos = player:getpos()
   for i=1,player_inv:get_size("main") do
      minetest.add_item(pos, player_inv:get_stack("main", i))
   end

player_inv:set_list("main", {})
   player_inv:set_list("craft", {})
end)

programmingchicken

by programmingchicken » Tue May 19, 2015 01:03

I've made a potential lobby for it, but I *might* make an arena not meant for editing. Anyways, the lobby requires no mods (but I recommend some sort of mod that shows sign text on the sign) and has a parkour course and billboard, along with a small tower. All handmade by meh. Hope you use this! (lol, only if you make a whole new world starting with this you can use it) I made this because the lobby in the regular game isn't really meant for viewing, it's more for waiting until the next game. (maybe a big glass ceiling for viewing?)
Attachments
lobby.zip
Lobby!
(275.92 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Tue May 19, 2015 01:51

I've just fixed the items problem. Players now drop all items (Including everything in the crafting grid, and all armor) upon death, or logging out. The winner of each round also loses all his items before being teleported back to the lobby.

All of my changes have been committed to the Github repo, so anybody interested can check it out.

programmingchicken wrote:I've made a potential lobby for it, but I *might* make an arena not meant for editing. Anyways, the lobby requires no mods (but I recommend some sort of mod that shows sign text on the sign) and has a parkour course and billboard, along with a small tower. All handmade by meh. Hope you use this! (lol, only if you make a whole new world starting with this you can use it) I made this because the lobby in the regular game isn't really meant for viewing, it's more for waiting until the next game. (maybe a big glass ceiling for viewing?)

Thanks programmingchicken! I'll defiantly take a look at that lobby.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue May 19, 2015 13:15

Maybe you should open a new thread for your forked subgame, also give the subgame a new name, just to be sure.

Just one minor thing: The error message which appears when you say “/vote” but you have already voted is very confusing, it sounds like you are not allowed to vote (no vote priv) when in fact you already have voted.

Edit: I noticed that some unknown items spawned recently in the chests.

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Tue May 19, 2015 14:12

i also found an unknown item in a chest.

there are a lot of sticks and torches in the chest, but there is no use for them.
i cannot mine any materials to make swords with the sticks.

i found arrows, but no bow, then i got killed because i had no armor either.

the HUD is crowded with cherries and water glasses that block the sight on your health.

you should redefine the items that appear in the chests, so that only useful items appear there.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Tue May 19, 2015 15:14

I have worked on the HUD recently and I have included the HUD bars mod and changed the mods so they use HUD bars instead. I will (hopefully) file a PR soon.

The sticks are not useless, together with iron bars, wood or stones you can craft swords. It seems you can not dig in the server, but wood and stones spawn in chests, I guess their only purpose is for crafting.

Edit: PR is here: https://github.com/GunshipPenguin/hungry_games/pull/1

Edit 2: GunshipPenguin, you should look on the server map. It is currently completely messed up thanks to too many lava and water buckets. Even the lobby and starting area are affected.

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Thu May 21, 2015 01:48

Wuzzy wrote:I have worked on the HUD recently and I have included the HUD bars mod and changed the mods so they use HUD bars instead. I will (hopefully) file a PR soon.

The sticks are not useless, together with iron bars, wood or stones you can craft swords. It seems you can not dig in the server, but wood and stones spawn in chests, I guess their only purpose is for crafting.

Edit: PR is here: https://github.com/GunshipPenguin/hungry_games/pull/1

Edit 2: GunshipPenguin, you should look on the server map. It is currently completely messed up thanks to too many lava and water buckets. Even the lobby and starting area are affected.

I merged your hudbars PR. The map has been cleaned up, and lava and water buckets no longer spawn in chests.

programmingchicken

by programmingchicken » Thu May 21, 2015 20:46

erm people are apparently not going to let the next games start because of a fight... and they aren't stopping, they don't seem to be stopping anytime soon either. :P seed seeders CuteGirl221 and littlebublebee. HALP!
EDIT:
I've neutralized the situation. ~PSHH~ Team out.

programmingchicken

by programmingchicken » Thu May 21, 2015 22:26

About the lobby, if you ever update the server i'm currently making a hunger games map, but i need to know if i place the chests myself and if there is no breaking blocks if making custom wall borders is possible :P Yep, just explained that horribly.
The map is based on a 99.99% wool garden with flower pots and really long grass. Grass parkour! YEAH!
Last edited by programmingchicken on Thu May 21, 2015 23:22, edited 1 time in total.

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Thu May 21, 2015 23:33

Recently, the server seems to frequently randomly shut down shortly before a new game start (countdown starts at 10, then server shuts down; sometimes it also stops at 1), but is quick up again.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Fri May 22, 2015 04:47

I've set up another Hungry Games world; the topic is at this link:

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12222

I have two related questions:

1. The copy of 3d_armor used by the Hungry Games modpack seems to conflict with the standard wieldview mod. But I'm told that the Gunship Penguin server includes a working copy of wieldview that's not in the core modpack. There are other conflicts of this type.

Would a ZIP file containing the full set of mods used by the Gunship Penguin server be available to another server host?

2. I'd like to get the minetest.conf settings required by the world correct. Would a copy of the minetest.conf file used by the Gunship Penguin server be available as well?

I'll be happy to offer a bug fix for the base mod that I made tonight in exchange for the time needed to prepare these items. The bug fix should reduce crashes and incorrect spawning.

horse_lover

by horse_lover » Fri May 22, 2015 23:45

Just wondering, has this server been down recently? I can't get into the server. Hope everything's OK!
Blue Roses are my thing
Love horses ;D

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Fri May 22, 2015 23:55

For horse_lover:

My Hungry Games server is up. And I'll be happy to share information about my changes with Gunship Penguin if his server returns.

For information about my server, see:

GunshipPenguin

by GunshipPenguin » Sat May 23, 2015 05:01

Map has been updated.

The arena is now 4x bigger, the lobby is larger, and the starting area is much neater. The arena now also includes a desert, cliffs, a large lake, and some snowy areas.

Wuzzy wrote:Recently, the server seems to frequently randomly shut down shortly before a new game start (countdown starts at 10, then server shuts down; sometimes it also stops at 1), but is quick up again.

Should be fixed with the latest commits.

horse_lover wrote:Just wondering, has this server been down recently? I can't get into the server. Hope everything's OK!

There was electrical work being done at my house and someone threw the circut breaker on my server. I lost the old map, but just finished making a new better one (see first part of this post). It should be back online now.

OldCoder wrote:
I've set up another Hungry Games world; the topic is at this link:

I have two related questions:

1. The copy of 3d_armor used by the Hungry Games modpack seems to conflict with the standard wieldview mod. But I'm told that the Gunship Penguin server includes a working copy of wieldview that's not in the core modpack. There are other conflicts of this type.

Would a ZIP file containing the full set of mods used by the Gunship Penguin server be available to another server host?

2. I'd like to get the minetest.conf settings required by the world correct. Would a copy of the minetest.conf file used by the Gunship Penguin server be available as well?

I'll be happy to offer a bug fix for the base mod that I made tonight in exchange for the time needed to prepare these items. The bug fix should reduce crashes and incorrect spawning.

1. Because of several bugs in the hungry_games subgame, I've modified several parts of it and am using that modified version on my server. It can be found here: https://github.com/gunshippenguin/hungry_games

As for weildview, I haven't modified the version included with hungry_games, and it seems to work just fine on my server, not sure what is causing that problem

As for mods, I'm using sprint (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9650), afkkick (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10919) and locked_sign (viewtopic.php?id=2256). Everything else is a part of the hungry_games subgame.

Here is the minetest.conf being used on my hungry_games server:

#    This file is read by default from:
#    ../minetest.conf
#    ../../minetest.conf
#    Any other path can be chosen by passing the path as a parameter
#    to the program, eg. "minetest.exe --config ../minetest.conf.example".

#    By default, all the settings are commented and not functional.
#    Uncomment settings by removing the preceding #.

#    Further documentation:
#    http://wiki.minetest.net/

#    NOTE: This file might not be up-to-date, refer to the
#    defaultsettings.cpp file for an up-to-date list:
#    https://github.com/minetest/minetest/blob/master/src/defaultsettings.cpp

#    A vim command to convert most of defaultsettings.cpp to conf file format:
#    :'<,'>s/\tsettings->setDefault("\([^"]*\)", "\([^"]*\)");.*/#\1 = \2/g
#    Note: Some of the settings are implemented in Lua.

#
#    Client and server
#

#    Name of player, on a server this is the main admin
name = GunshipPenguin

#
#    Client stuff
#

#    Port to connect to (UDP)
#remote_port =
#    Key mappings.
#    See http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/docu/namespaceirr.html#a54da2a0e231901735e3da1b0edf72eb3
#keymap_forward = KEY_KEY_W
#keymap_backward = KEY_KEY_S
#keymap_left = KEY_KEY_A
#keymap_right = KEY_KEY_D
#keymap_jump = KEY_SPACE
#keymap_sneak = KEY_LSHIFT
#keymap_inventory = KEY_KEY_I
#    Go down ladder / go down in fly mode / go fast in fast mode
#keymap_special1 = KEY_KEY_E
#keymap_chat = KEY_KEY_T
#keymap_cmd = /
#keyman_console = KEY_F10
#keymap_rangeselect = KEY_KEY_R
#keymap_freemove = KEY_KEY_K
#keymap_fastmove = KEY_KEY_J
#keymap_screenshot = KEY_F12
#    If true, keymap_special1 instead of keymap_sneak is used for climbing down and descending
#aux1_descends = false
#    Double-tapping the jump key toggles fly mode
#doubletap_jump = false
#    If false aux1 is used to fly fast
#always_fly_fast = true
#    Some (temporary) keys for debugging
#keymap_print_debug_stacks = KEY_KEY_P
#keymap_quicktune_prev = KEY_HOME
#keymap_quicktune_next = KEY_END
#keymap_quicktune_dec = KEY_NEXT
#keymap_quicktune_inc = KEY_PRIOR

#    If set to true, you can place blocks at the position (feet + eye level) where you stand.
#    This is helpful when working with nodeboxes.
#enable_build_where_you_stand = false
#    Minimum FPS.
#    The amount of rendered stuff is dynamically set according to this.
#wanted_fps = 30
#    If FPS would go higher than this, limit it by sleeping
#    to not waste CPU power for no benefit.
#fps_max = 60
#    Maximum FPS when game is paused
#pause_fps_max = 20
#    The allowed adjustment range for the automatic rendering range adjustment
#viewing_range_nodes_max = 160
#viewing_range_nodes_min = 35
#    Initial window size
#screenW = 800
#screenH = 600
#fullscreen = false
#fullscreen_bpp = 24
#    Experimental option, might cause visible spaces between blocks
#    when set to higher number than 0.
#fsaa = 0
#vsync = false
#    Field of view in degrees
#fov = 72
#    Address to connect to (#blank = start local server)
#address =
#    Enable random user input, for testing
#random_input = false
#    Timeout for client to remove unused map data from memory
#client_unload_unused_data_timeout = 600
#    Whether to fog out the end of the visible area
#enable_fog = true
#    Whether to show the client debug info (has the same effect as hitting F5)
#show_debug = false
#    Enable a bit lower water surface; disable for speed (not quite optimized)
#new_style_water = false
#    Max liquids processed per step
#liquid_loop_max = 100000
#    The time (in seconds) that the liquids queue may grow beyond processing
#    capacity until an attempt is made to decrease its size by dumping old queue
#    items.  A value of 0 disables the functionality.
#liquid_queue_purge_time = 0
#    Liquid update interval in seconds
#liquid_update = 1.0
#    Enable transparent leaf textures, disable for speed
#new_style_leaves = true
#    Connects glass if supported by node
#connected_glass = false
#    Enable smooth lighting with simple ambient occlusion.
#    Disable for speed or for different looks.
#smooth_lighting = true
#    Adjust the gamma encoding for the light tables. Valid values are in the range
#    1.1 to 3.0 (inclusive); lower numbers are brighter.  This setting is for the
#    client only and is ignored by the server
#display_gamma = 1.8
# Path to texture directory. All textures are first searched from here.
#texture_path =
#    Video back-end.
#    Possible values: null, software, burningsvideo, direct3d8, direct3d9, opengl.
#video_driver = opengl
#    Unobstructed movement without physics, downwards key is keymap_special1
#free_move = false
#    Continuous forward movement (for testing)
#continuous_forward = false
#    Fast movement (keymap_special1)
#fast_move = false
#    Invert mouse
#invert_mouse = false
#    Enable/disable clouds
#enable_clouds = true
#cloud_height = 120
#enable_3d_clouds = true
#    Use a cloud animation for the main menu background
#menu_clouds = true
#    Path for screenshots
#screenshot_path =
#    Amount of view bobbing (0 = no view bobbing, 1.0 = normal, 2.0 = double)
#view_bobbing_amount = 1.0
#    Amount of fall bobbing (0 = no fall bobbing, 1.0 = normal, 2.0 = double)
#fall_bobbing_amount = 0.0
#    3d support.
#    Currently:
#        "none"       = no 3d output.
#        "anaglyph"   = cyan/magenta color 3d.
#        "interlaced" = odd/even line based polarisation screen support.
#        "topbottom"  = split screen top/bottom.
#        "sidebyside" = split screen side by side.
#3d_mode = none
#3d_parallax_strength = 0.025
#    In-game chat console background color (R,G,B)
#console_color = (0,0,0)
#    In-game chat console background alpha (opaqueness, between 0 and 255)
#console_alpha = 200
#    Selection box border color (R,G,B)
#selectionbox_color = (0,0,0)
#    Crosshair color (R,G,B)
#crosshair_color = (255,255,255)
#    Cross alpha (opaqueness, between 0 and 255)
#crosshair_alpha = 255
#    Scale gui by a user specified value
#gui_scaling = 1.0
#    Sensitivity multiplier
#mouse_sensitivity = 0.2
#    Sound settings
#enable_sound = true
#sound_volume = 0.7
#    Whether node texture animations should be desynchronized per mapblock
#desynchronize_mapblock_texture_animation = true
#    Width of the selectionbox's lines (Between 1 and 5)
#selectionbox_width = 2
#    Maximum proportion of current window to be used for hotbar.
#    Useful if there's something to be displayed right or left of hotbar.
#hud_hotbar_max_width = 1.0
#    Save the map received by the client on disk
#enable_local_map_saving = false
#    Enable selection highlighting for nodes (disables selectionbox)
#enable_node_highlighting = false
#    Texture filtering settings
#mip_map = false
#anisotropic_filter = false
#bilinear_filter = false
#trilinear_filter = false
#    Set to true to pre-generate all item visuals
#preload_item_visuals = false
#    Set to true to enable shaders. Disable them if video_driver = direct3d9/8.
#enable_shaders = true
#    Set to true to enable textures bumpmapping. Requires shaders enabled.
#enable_bumpmapping = false
#    Set to true enables parallax occlusion mapping. Requires shaders enabled.
#generate_normalmaps = false
#    Set to true enables on the fly normalmap generation (Emboss effect).
#    Requires bumpmapping enabled.
#normalmaps_strength = 0.6
#    Strength of generated normalmaps
#normalmaps_smooth = 1
#    Defines sampling step of texture (0 - 2).
#    A higher value results in smoother normal maps.
#enable_parallax_occlusion = false
#    Scale of parallax occlusion effect
#parallax_occlusion_scale = 0.08
#    Bias of parallax occlusion effect, usually scale/2
#parallax_occlusion_bias = 0.04
#    Set to true enables waving water. Requires shaders enabled.
#enable_waving_water = false
#    Parameters for waving water:
#water_wave_height = 1.0
#water_wave_length = 20.0
#water_wave_speed = 5.0
#    Set to true enables waving leaves. Requires shaders enabled.
#enable_waving_leaves = false
#    Set to true enables waving plants. Requires shaders enabled.
#enable_waving_plants = false
#    Enables caching of facedir rotated meshes
#ambient_occlusion_gamma = 2.2
#    The strength (darkness) of node ambient-occlusion shading.
#    Lower is darker, Higher is lighter. The valid range of values for this
#    setting is 0.25 to 4.0 inclusive. If the value is out of range it will be
#    set to the nearest valid value.
#enable_mesh_cache = true
#    The time in seconds it takes between repeated
#    right clicks when holding the right mouse button.
#repeat_rightclick_time = 0.25
#    Make fog and sky colors depend on daytime (dawn/sunset) and view direction
#directional_colored_fog = true
#    Delay showing tooltips, stated in milliseconds
#tooltip_show_delay = 400
#    Adjust dpi configuration to your screen (non X11/Android only) e.g. for 4k screens
#screen_dpi = 72
#    Default timeout for cURL, stated in milliseconds.
#    Only has an effect if compiled with cURL.
#curl_timeout = 5000
#    Limits number of parallel HTTP requests. Affects:
#        Media fetch if server uses remote_media setting.
#        Serverlist download and server announcement.
#        Downloads performed by main menu (e.g. mod manager).
#    Only has an effect if compiled with cURL.
#curl_parallel_limit = 8
#    Maximum time in ms a file download (e.g. a mod download) may take
#curl_file_download_timeout = 300000
#    Enable usage of remote media server (if provided by server)
#enable_remote_media_server = true
#    Url to the server list displayed in the Multiplayer Tab
#serverlist_url = servers.minetest.net
#    File in client/serverlist/ that contains your favorite servers displayed in the Multiplayer Tab
#serverlist_file = favoriteservers.txt
#    Whether freetype fonts are used, requires freetype support to be compiled in
#freetype = true
#    Path to TrueTypeFont or bitmap
#font_path = fonts/liberationsans.ttf
#font_size = 15
#    Font shadow offset, if 0 then shadow will not be drawn
#font_shadow = 1
#    Font shadow alpha (opaqueness, between 0 and 255)
#font_shadow_alpha = 128
#mono_font_path = fonts/liberationmono.ttf
#mono_font_size = 15
#    This font will be used for certain languages
#fallback_font_path = fonts/DroidSansFallbackFull.ttf
#fallback_font_size = 15
#fallback_font_shadow = 1
#fallback_font_shadow_alpha = 128
#    Override language. When no value is provided (default) system language is used.
#    Check "locale" directory for the list of available translations.
#language =
#main_menu_script =
#main_menu_game_mgr = 0
#main_menu_mod_mgr = 1
#modstore_download_url = https://forum.minetest.net/media/
#modstore_listmods_url = https://forum.minetest.net/mmdb/mods/
#modstore_details_url  = https://forum.minetest.net/mmdb/mod/*/
#    Makes DirectX work with LuaJIT. Disable if it causes troubles.
#high_precision_fpu = true

#
#    Server stuff
#

#    Network port to listen (UDP)
port = 30001
#    Bind address
#bind_address =
#    Name of server
server_name = GunshipPenguin's Hunger Games Server
#    Description of server
server_description = Hunger Games Server, Come Fight With Us
#    Domain name of server
server_address = minetest.gunshippenguin.com
#    Homepage of server
server_url = http://minetest.net
#    Automaticaly report to masterserver
server_announce = 1
#    Announce to this masterserver.
#    If you want to announce your ipv6 address - use  serverlist_url = v6.servers.minetest.net.
serverlist_url = servers.minetest.net
#    Default game (default when creating a new world)
default_game = hungry_games
#    World directory (everything in the world is stored here)
map-dir = ../worlds/world
#    Message of the Day
motd = Welcome to GunshipPenguin's hunger games server! see the signs in the lobby for information on how to play.
#    Maximum number of players connected simultaneously
max_users = 20
#    Set to true to disallow old clients from connecting
#strict_protocol_version_checking = false
#    Time in seconds for item entity to live. Default value: 900s.
#    Setting it to -1 disables the feature.
#item_entity_ttl = 900
#    Set to true to enable creative mode (unlimited inventory)
#creative_mode = false
#    Enable players getting damage and dying
#enable_damage = false
#    A chosen map seed for a new map, leave empty for random
#fixed_map_seed =
#    Gives some stuff to players at the beginning
#give_initial_stuff = false
#    New users need to input this password
#default_password =
#    Available privileges: interact, shout, teleport, settime, privs, ...
#    See /privs in game for a full list on your server and mod configuration.
#default_privs = interact, shout
#    Whether players are shown to clients without any range limit.
#    Deprecated, use the setting player_transfer_distance instead.
#unlimited_player_transfer_distance = true
#    Defines the maximal player transfer distance in blocks (0 = unlimited)
#player_transfer_distance = 0
#    Whether to enable players killing each other
#enable_pvp = true
#    If this is set, players will always (re)spawn at the given position
static_spawnpoint = -62.0, 65.0, 27.0
#    If true, new players cannot join with an empty password
#disallow_empty_password = false
#    If true, disable cheat prevention in multiplayer
disable_anticheat = true
#    If true, actions are recorded for rollback
#    This option is only read when server starts
#enable_rollback_recording = false
#    Handling for deprecated lua api calls:
#        "legacy" = (try to) mimic old behaviour (default for release).
#        "log"    = mimic and log backtrace of deprecated call (default for debug).
#        "error"  = abort on usage of deprecated call (suggested for mod developers).
#deprecated_lua_api_handling = legacy
#    Mod profiler
#mod_profiling = false
#    Detailed mod profile data
#detailed_profiling = false
#    Profiler data print interval. #0 = disable.
#profiler_print_interval = 0
#enable_mapgen_debug_info = false
#    From how far client knows about objects
#active_object_send_range_blocks = 3
#    How large area of blocks are subject to the active block stuff.
#    Active = objects are loaded and ABMs run.
#active_block_range = 2
#    How many blocks are flying in the wire simultaneously per client
#max_simultaneous_block_sends_per_client = 10
#    How many blocks are flying in the wire simultaneously per server
#max_simultaneous_block_sends_server_total = 40
#    From how far blocks are sent to clients, stated in mapblocks (16 nodes)
#max_block_send_distance = 10
#    From how far blocks are generated for clients, stated in mapblocks (16 nodes)
#max_block_generate_distance = 6
#    Number of extra blocks that can be loaded by /clearobjects at once.
#    This is a trade-off between sqlite transaction overhead and
#    memory consumption (4096=100MB, as a rule of thumb).
#max_clearobjects_extra_loaded_blocks = 4096
#    Maximum number of forceloaded blocks
#max_forceloaded_blocks = 16
#    Interval of sending time of day to clients
#time_send_interval = 5
#    Controls length of day/night cycle.
#    72=20min, 360=4min, 1=24hour, 0=day/night/whatever stays unchanged.
#time_speed = 72
#    Length of year in days for seasons change.
#    With default time_speed 365 days = 5 real days for year, 30 days = 10 real hours.
#year_days = 30
#server_unload_unused_data_timeout = 29
#    Maximum number of statically stored objects in a block
#max_objects_per_block = 49
#    Interval of saving important changes in the world, stated in seconds
#server_map_save_interval = 5.3
#    http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_synchronous only numeric values: 0 1 2
#sqlite_synchronous = 2
#    To reduce lag, block transfers are slowed down when a player is building something.
#    This determines how long they are slowed down after placing or removing a node.
#full_block_send_enable_min_time_from_building = 2.0
#    Length of a server tick and the interval at which objects are generally updated over network
#dedicated_server_step = 0.1
#    Can be set to true to disable shutting down on invalid world data
#ignore_world_load_errors = false
#    Specifies URL from which client fetches media instead of using UDP.
#    $filename should be accessible from $remote_media$filename via cURL
#    (obviously, remote_media should end with a slash).
#    Files that are not present would be fetched the usual way.
#remote_media =
#    Level of logging to be written to debug.txt:
#    0 = none, 1 = errors and debug, 2 = action, 3 = info, 4 = verbose.
#debug_log_level = 2
#    Maximum number of blocks that can be queued for loading
#emergequeue_limit_total = 256
#    Maximum number of blocks to be queued that are to be loaded from file.
#    Set to blank for an appropriate amount to be chosen automatically.
#emergequeue_limit_diskonly = 32
#    Maximum number of blocks to be queued that are to be generated.
#    Set to blank for an appropriate amount to be chosen automatically.
#emergequeue_limit_generate = 32
#    Number of emerge threads to use. Make this field blank, or increase this number
#    to use multiple threads. On multiprocessor systems, this will improve mapgen speed greatly
#    at the cost of slightly buggy caves.
#num_emerge_threads = 1
#    Maximum number of packets sent per send step, if you have a slow connection
#    try reducing it, but don't reduce it to a number below double of targeted
#    client number.
#max_packets_per_iteration = 1024
#    Enable/disable IPv6
#enable_ipv6 = true
#    Enable/disable running an IPv6 server.  An IPv6 server may be restricted
#    to IPv6 clients, depending on system configuration.
#    Ignored if bind_address is set.
#ipv6_server = false

#
#    Physics stuff
#

#movement_acceleration_default = 3
#movement_acceleration_air = 2
#movement_acceleration_fast = 10
movement_speed_walk = 5
#movement_speed_crouch = 1.35
#movement_speed_fast = 20
#movement_speed_climb = 2
#movement_speed_jump = 6.5
#movement_speed_descend = 6
#movement_liquid_fluidity = 1
#movement_liquid_fluidity_smooth = 0.5
#movement_liquid_sink = 10
#movement_gravity = 9.81

#
#    Mapgen stuff
#

#    Name of map generator to be used.  Currently supported: v5, v6, v7, singlenode.
#mg_name = v6
#    Water surface level of map
#water_level = 1
#    Size of chunks to be generated, stated in mapblocks (16 nodes)
#chunksize = 5
#    Global map generation attributes.  Currently supported: trees, caves, flat, dungeons, light.
#    Flags that are not specified in the flag string are not modified from the default.
#    To explicitly turn off a flag, prepend "no" to the beginning, e.g. nolight.
#mg_flags = trees, caves
#    Map generation attributes specific to Mapgen V6.
#    Currently supported: biomeblend, jungles, mudflow.
#mgv6_spflags = biomeblend, jungles, mudflow
#    Controls size of deserts and beaches in Mapgen V6
#mgv6_freq_desert = 0.45
#mgv6_freq_beach = 0.15

#    Perlin noise attributes for different map generation parameters.
#    Noise parameters can be specified as a set of positional values:
#    Offset, scale, (spread factors), seed offset, number of octaves, persistence, lacunarity.
#mgv6_np_terrain_base = -4, 20, (250, 250, 250), 82341, 5, 0.6, 2.0
#    Or the new group format can be used instead:
#mgv6_np_terrain_base = {
#    offset      = -4
#    scale       = 20
#    spread      = (250, 250, 250)
#    seed        = 82341
#    octaves     = 5
#    persistence = 0.6
#    lacunarity  = 2.0
#    flags       = "defaults"
#}
#    Only the group format supports noise flags which are needed for eased noise.
#    Mgv5 uses eased noise for np_cave1, np_cave2, np_ground and np_crumble, so these are shown in
#    group format, other noise parameters are shown in positional format to save space.

#mgv5_spflags = blobs
#mgv5_np_filler_depth = 0, 1, (150, 150, 150), 261, 4, 0.7, 2.0
#mgv5_np_factor = 0, 1, (250, 250, 250), 920381, 3, 0.45, 2.0
#mgv5_np_height = 0, 10, (250, 250, 250), 84174, 4, 0.5, 2.0
#mgv5_np_cave1 = {
#    offset      = 0
#    scale       = 6
#    spread      = (50, 50, 50)
#    seed        = 52534
#    octaves     = 4
#    persistence = 0.5
#    lacunarity  = 2.0
#    flags       = "eased"
#}
#mgv5_np_cave2 = {
#    offset      = 0
#    scale       = 6
#    spread      = (50, 50, 50)
#    seed        = 10325
#    octaves     = 4
#    persistence = 0.5
#    lacunarity  = 2.0
#}
#mgv5_np_ground = {
#    offset      = 0
#    scale       = 40
#    spread      = (80, 80, 80)
#    seed        = 983240
#    octaves     = 4
#    persistence = 0.55
#    lacunarity  = 2.0
#}
#mgv5_np_crumble = {
#    offset      = 0
#    scale       = 1
#    spread      = (20, 20, 20)
#    seed        = 34413
#    octaves     = 3
#    persistence = 1.3
#    lacunarity  = 2.0
#}
#mgv5_np_wetness = 0, 1, (40, 40, 40), 32474, 4, 1.1, 2.0

#mgv6_spflags = biomeblend, jungles, mudflow
#mgv6_np_terrain_base = -4, 20, (250, 250, 250), 82341, 5, 0.6, 2.0
#mgv6_np_terrain_higher = 20, 16, (500, 500, 500), 85039, 5, 0.6, 2.0
#mgv6_np_steepness = 0.85, 0.5, (125, 125, 125), -932, 5, 0.7, 2.0
#mgv6_np_height_select = 0.5, 1, (250, 250, 250), 4213, 5, 0.69, 2.0
#mgv6_np_mud = 4, 2, (200, 200, 200), 91013, 3, 0.55, 2.0
#mgv6_np_beach = 0, 1, (250, 250, 250), 59420, 3, 0.50, 2.0
#mgv6_np_biome = 0, 1, (250, 250, 250), 9130, 3, 0.50, 2.0
#mgv6_np_cave = 6, 6, (250, 250, 250), 34329, 3, 0.50, 2.0
#mgv6_np_humidity = 0.5, 0.5, (500, 500, 500), 72384, 4, 0.66, 2.0
#mgv6_np_trees = 0, 1, (125, 125, 125), 2, 4, 0.66, 2.0
#mgv6_np_apple_trees = 0, 1, (100, 100, 100), 342902, 3, 0.45, 2.0

#mgv7_spflags = mountains, ridges
#mgv7_np_terrain_base = 4, 70, (300, 300, 300), 82341, 6, 0.7, 2.0
#mgv7_np_terrain_alt = 4, 25, (600, 600, 600), 5934, 5, 0.6, 2.0
#mgv7_np_terrain_persist = 0.6, 0.1, (500, 500, 500), 539, 3, 0.6, 2.0
#mgv7_np_height_select = -0.5, 1, (250, 250, 250), 4213, 5, 0.69, 2.0
#mgv7_np_filler_depth = 0, 1.2, (150, 150, 150), 261, 4, 0.7, 2.0
#mgv7_np_mount_height = 100, 30, (500, 500, 500), 72449, 4, 0.6, 2.0
#mgv7_np_ridge_uwater = 0, 1, (500, 500, 500), 85039, 4, 0.6, 2.0
#mgv7_np_mountain = -0.6, 1, (250, 350, 250), 5333, 5, 0.68, 2.0
#mgv7_np_ridge = 0, 1, (100, 100, 100), 6467, 4, 0.75, 2.0
#mgv7_np_cave1 = 0, 12, (100, 100, 100), 52534, 4, 0.5, 2.0
#mgv7_np_cave2 = 0, 12, (100, 100, 100), 10325, 4, 0.5, 2.0

#    Noise parameters for biome API temperature and humidity
#mg_biome_np_heat = 50, 50, (500, 500, 500), 5349, 3, 0.5, 2.0
#mg_biome_np_humidity = 50, 50, (500, 500, 500), 842, 3, 0.5, 2.0

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat May 23, 2015 15:44

Gunship Penguin, thank you.

1. Here's a patch for "hungry_games" git-current that may be useful. I learned about two problems fairly quickly: (a) there were random teleports to underground (b) inventory accumulated from match to match; this made a "cheat" possible.

The "cheat" involved quitting immediately before dying. By doing this, players were able to build up large inventories.

This patch is an attempt to fix both problems.

2. I'd like to reset armor as well as inventory. However, I haven't learned enough about the 3D Armor mod yet to attempt this.

--- hungry_games-git-150522.old/mods/hungry_games/engine.lua
+++ hungry_games-git-150522/mods/hungry_games/engine.lua
@@ -23,6 +23,12 @@
          minetest.set_player_privs(name, privs)
          player:set_hp(20)
          spawning.spawn(player, "lobby")
+
+         -- Experimental code to reset inventory
+         inv = player:get_inventory()
+         if inv then
+            inv:set_list("main", {})
+         end
       end)
    end
    registrants = {}
@@ -233,7 +239,7 @@
    return true
 end)

-minetest.register_on_joinplayer(function(player)
+function joinmove (player)
    local name = player:get_player_name()
       local privs = minetest.get_player_privs(name)
    privs.vote = true
@@ -244,6 +250,10 @@
    minetest.set_player_privs(name, privs)
    minetest.chat_send_player(name, "You are now spectating")
    spawning.spawn(player, "lobby")
+end
+
+minetest.register_on_joinplayer(function(player)
+   minetest.after (2, joinmove, player)
 end)

minetest.register_on_newplayer(function(player)

Last edited by OldCoder on Sat May 23, 2015 16:23, edited 2 times in total.

OldCoder
Administrator

by OldCoder » Sat May 23, 2015 16:12

Additional notes:

1. I've posted some notes at the following link about creating new Hungry Games maps. Would you be able to comment on parts that I missed?

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12222#p179302

Also consider sharing your expanded map unless you'd like to keep it private. FWIW I'm planning to make a large Hungry City map myself at some point.

2. In my Hungry Games world, I've removed the "give_initial_stuff" mod at the request of Sloan to the Bone, the player who asked me to create the world.

3. The current contents of my "hungry_game" modset are listed below. Most of these mods aren't essential for a world of this type, but I wanted to experiment.

3d_armor-modpack  food            moreflags          spidermob
afkkick           glass_arena     name_restrictions  sprint
bacon             glow            names_per_ip       stairs
bedrock           glowstone       nature             sumpf
boats             grassblock      news               survival_modpack
bookex            highlandpools   oldcoder           throwing
bucket            hudbars         paintings          timespeed
builtin_item      hungry_games    pie                titanium
chains            hydro           player_textures    tnt
creative          icetools        random_chests      unifieddyes
dead_drop         ilights         replacer           vector_extras
death_messages    inventory_plus  riesenpilz         vessels
decoplants        irc             screwdriver        wiki
default           irc_commands    sea                wool
doors             item_drop       senderman          worldedit-modpack
dye               jumping         shooter            xban2
farming           kpgmobs         snow
fire              maptools        spawneggs
flowers           mobs            spawning

4. The "shooter" mod is working out pretty well. It provides crossbows, firearms, grenades, and even a rocket launcher.

5. The "tnt" mod is needed because the "shooter" mod depends on it. But I've disabled "tnt" crafting because TNT itself apparently destroys chests.

6. We may open up our lobby so that players can explore while they're waiting for a match to start.

7. I've observed crashes due to a nil-pointer dereference in the "hudbars" mod. I'm working on a patch for the issue. But it's possible that your fork fixes it.

8. The cows, giraffes, Sendermen (sic), and giant spiders are popular :P

<puppypupgirl> STUPID SPIDER
<Guillermo> i know carate haya
<Guillermo> spider
<puppypupgirl> GOOD D*MN SPIDERS
<Guillermo> dont stay still
<Guillermo> stupid spiders
<Guillermo> it killed me
<puppypupgirl> spiders where are you
<Guillermo> ones behind you
<Guillermo> lol ha
<puppypupgirl> I HATE SPIDERS