A SERVER ISSUE. AGAIN.

ParaklataChotou

GitHub: paraklatachotou
IRC: CareBearWhoCares
In-game: AutistCortana

A SERVER ISSUE. AGAIN.

by ParaklataChotou » Sun Jul 10, 2016 23:13

5 DAYS AGO I DID FIXED THE PROBLEM ABOUT SERVER. THAT WAS VERY SIMPLE: EDIT THE FIREWALL. BUT NOW, TODAY, AT 5:00 P.M. NA/EAST MY SERVER IS NOT ONLINE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S THE PROBLEM. I'M THINKING THAT I'M BEING HACKED FOR SOMEONE, OR THERE'S A TECHNICAL ERROR ABOUT MINETEST SERVERS. I JUST NEED AN ANSWER, THAT HOW CAN I PROCEED.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Tmanyo

GitHub: Tmanyo
IRC: Tmanyo
In-game: tmanyo

Re: A SERVER ISSUE. AGAIN.

by Tmanyo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 01:26

First it would help if you didn't type like THIS ALL THE TIME... Is it not on the server list, is that what you are saying? Do you host it from your house or through a hosting service in a data center somewhere? Did you end the Minetest Process? What operating system are you using? How do you start up your server? Why do you think you are being hacked or something? Add more details and type without all caps and I will try and help, but until then I am of no help.
Tmanyo
http://rrhmsservers.weebly.com/
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 01:31

Tmanyo wrote:First it would help if you didn't type like THIS ALL THE TIME... Is it not on the server list, is that what you are saying? Do you host it from your house or through a hosting service in a data center somewhere? Did you end the Minetest Process? What operating system are you using? How do you start up your server? Why do you think you are being hacked or something? Add more details and type without all caps and I will try and help, but until then I am of no help.

I'm using a local server. It was working very fine. But now it's not working.
I'm using Windows 7. I tried on Ubuntu, but it's really complicated.
I just added the ip address - who I configured on my gateway link of my internet provider, I created the udp ports... I don't know why isn't working :(((((.
Visit my server: freextress.ddnsking.com 30002 . mobs, npcs, interesting places, pvp.

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 01:47

Did you port forward correctly for that model of router? I noticed the IP address you are using for your server looks very abnormal. Have you had anybody besides you able to get on? Make sure you have done all of these instructions correctly for windows. -- http://wiki.minetest.net/Setting_up_a_server
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 01:52

Tmanyo wrote:Did you port forward correctly for that model of router? I noticed the IP address you are using for your server looks very abnormal. Have you had anybody besides you able to get on?

Abnormal IP?... Well, it was working... And the IP it's from my pc, and the Internet provider. Could anybody take my ip? ... Looks like someone hacked my ip. :(. Yes, I've read those instructions 100 times.

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:07

ParaklataChotou wrote:
Tmanyo wrote:Did you port forward correctly for that model of router? I noticed the IP address you are using for your server looks very abnormal. Have you had anybody besides you able to get on?

Abnormal IP?... Well, it was working... And the IP it's from my pc, and the Internet provider. Could anybody take my ip? ... Looks like someone hacked my ip. :(. Yes, I've read those instructions 100 times.

Resorting always to "whoa looks like someone hacked my ip" seems kind of negative. Probably doesn't seem like it is the problem. Saying that is like saying "whoa my car just stopped moving so it must be junk, when in reality you could have just ran it out of fuel.". Without knowing more details that you won't provide I can't be of any further assistance.
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:08

Tmanyo wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:

Resorting always to "whoa looks like someone hacked my ip" seems kind of negative. Probably doesn't seem like it is the problem. Saying that is like saying "whoa my car just stopped moving so it must be junk, when in reality you could have just ran it out of fuel.". Without knowing more details that you won't provide I can't be of any further assistance.

Well, I put that the port be 30000 and the ip is 10.0.0.64.

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:13

minetest.conf

mainmenu_last_selected_world = 1
maintab_LAST = server
menu_last_game = minetest
server_dedicated = false
server_name = FUNCIONAAAAAAAAAAAA
server_description = SDFASDF
server_address = 10.0.0.64
port = 30000
name = juna
selected_world_path = C:\Users\dellPR\Documents\Minetest\minetest-0.4.14-e1aa98f-win64\bin\..\worlds\BABA
fixed_map_seed = 45465
mg_name = v6
server_announce = true
strict_protocol_version_checking = true
ipv6_server = false
disable_escape_sequences = true
enable_3d_clouds = false
enable_particles = false
enable_shaders = false
leaves_style = opaque
smooth_lighting = false

address = darkside.zapto.org
remote_port = 30003
fast_move = true
free_move = true

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:26

remote_port = 30003

This works fine. Is this your server??
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:31

Tmanyo wrote:
remote_port = 30003

This works fine. Is this your server??

No!!! I don't know why the minetest.conf automatically types the last server I visited. That's the last server I joined. And the minetest.conf types that automatically.

In my Minetest.conf says
server_address = 10.0.0.64
port = 30000

Maybe it creates some kind of conflict - that the last server I visited be in minetest.conf.

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:34

How many players have been able to join your server? Or have you always been the only one able to join?
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

rubenwardy

GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:36

ParaklataChotou wrote:server_address = 10.0.0.64

That is a private IP address, not a public one. To find out your real IP address, search "find my ip"

Avoid typing in all caps, it puts me off helping you

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:37

rubenwardy wrote:

That is a private IP address, not a public one. To find out your real IP address, search "find my ip"

Also it seems like it is reserved... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reserved_IP_addresses
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:39

It didn't work. The max users configuration it's configured 15 by default - that's not the problem. I had this problem before, but I fixed configuring the gateway. But... Now minetest doesn't recognize any port I put. If I change the port to 40000, it didn't recognize. If I change it to 30000, neither. What could it be?

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:44

ParaklataChotou wrote:It didn't work. The max users configuration it's configured 15 by default - that's not the problem. I had this problem before, but I fixed configuring the gateway. But... Now minetest doesn't recognize any port I put. If I change the port to 40000, it didn't recognize. If I change it to 30000, neither. What could it be?

It does not have to do with the port, Rubenwardy just stated that that is your private IP address. You need to find the public one.
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:45

rubenwardy wrote:

RUBEN, YOU ARE MY HERO !!! :)

Thank you.

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:46

Tmanyo wrote:
ParaklataChotou wrote:It didn't work. The max users configuration it's configured 15 by default - that's not the problem. I had this problem before, but I fixed configuring the gateway. But... Now minetest doesn't recognize any port I put. If I change the port to 40000, it didn't recognize. If I change it to 30000, neither. What could it be?

It does not have to do with the port, Rubenwardy just stated that that is your private IP address. You need to find the public one.

Timanyo, Ruben Wardy's comment helped me so much. And thank you for your assistance anyway.

Tmanyo

by Tmanyo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:47

I told you from the beginning your IP address was abnormal!
Tmanyo
Servers I Host:
Xtremetest
Vault-81

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:49

Tmanyo wrote:I told you from the beginning your IP address was abnormal!

Yes I know, but my abnormal IP worked very fine before. Thank you for your help. I appreciate you and Ruben Flag Warrior. Now you both are my fwends :)

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:53

Tmanyo wrote:I told you from the beginning your IP address was abnormal!

visit my server: funciona
IP: 64.237.144.182
Port: 30000

I've got a Pokemon Go (lol) Arena. It's really funny.
Last edited by ParaklataChotou on Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:59, edited 1 time in total.

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 02:58

rubenwardy wrote:

Well, i know that it's a private address. But the weird thing is that this address was working online few days ago. Because I configured on my gateway page. But worked really slow. Now this correct IP is working really fast. Thank you again.

DI3HARD139

GitHub: DI3HARD139
IRC: DI3HARD139
In-game: DI3HARD139 DI3HARD139_

by DI3HARD139 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 03:52

Make your PCs IP address static. If not you will end up changing the address for the port forward every time it changes.
Servers: mt.rrhgameservers.ml = [RRH] MT-Creative (48250), RRH-Survival (48253), Unknown (48255), Minetest City (48262)
Specs = Intel Core i5-3570s 16GB DDR3 2TB HDD, Ubuntu Server 16.04.1 x64 XFCE
------------------------------------------------------------
System: Lenovo Thinkstation S30 = Intel Xeon E5-2665, 20GB DDR3 (1333MHz Non-ECC), Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB, 3.5TB Storage, Win 10 Pro x64.

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Mon Jul 11, 2016 04:37

DI3HARD139 wrote:Make your PCs IP address static. If not you will end up changing the address for the port forward every time it changes.

I did it right now. Thank you :)
5 days ago I turned my local ip static. It worked, but really slow. But now with this ip, it works perfect. Thank you so much D13HARD, and all minetest community.

ParaklataChotou

by ParaklataChotou » Tue Jul 26, 2016 23:39

Hello :]. Now I've made my own host server. Here:
ip: molautist.ddns.me port: 30000

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15120

Thank you for your assistance. I hope you visit my server.

Return to Minetest Problems