[Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

[Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by cx384 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 17:03

This mod adds a machine that allow you to convert nodes.

It also adds old nodes and nodes for ever texture pack you have in your texture pack folder.
You have too add the ntm_texture_packs mod to the secure.trusted_mods setting if you want to use it.

License: WTFPL for everything what is not taken from default ( only the textures called ...old... are from default )
Dependencies: default dye wool bucket (moreblocks? moreores? darkage? mining_plus? itemframes? xdecor?)
Download: zip, tar.gz
Github: node_texture_modifier

+ Screenshots

+ Crafting recipes

To Do:
- Add more nodes
- Add more supported mods
- Add a portable Node Texture Modifier
Attachments
screenshot_20170402_155654.png
screenshot_20170402_155654.png (284.19 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
screenshot_20160918_183244.png
screenshot_20160918_183244.png (490.75 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
screenshot_20160918_183300.png
screenshot_20160918_183300.png (57.78 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
Last edited by cx384 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 15:39, edited 3 times in total.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
qwertymine3
Member
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 14:33
GitHub: Qwertymine
In-game: qwertymine3

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by qwertymine3 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 17:18

Nice mod, could do with a more catchy name though ;)

It would be nice to have listring support, but having done something similar, it can be a pain to work around some of the ways inventory listring movements trigger callbacks.

I got an unknown node shown when using with default:stone, which was default:stone_block.

Also which bits are taken from default? Without knowing none of this mod can be safely re-used without using the LGLP license.
Avatar by :devnko-ennekappao:
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by cx384 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 18:01

qwertymine3 wrote:Nice mod, could do with a more catchy name though ;)

Thank you, :D
but I'm really uncreative in such things. D:
qwertymine3 wrote:I got an unknown node shown when using with default:stone, which was default:stone_block

I think this is no problem with the new minetest version.
https://github.com/minetest/minetest_ga ... s.lua#L215
qwertymine3 wrote:It would be nice to have listring support, but having done something similar, it can be a pain to work around some of the ways inventory listring movements trigger callbacks.

OK maybe I would add this but you can send me a pull request on github.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 3458
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:43

This is a nice mod! say hello to the return of ugly minetest
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by cx384 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 14:40

azekill_DIABLO wrote:say hello to the return of ugly minetest

If you want, you can disable the old nodes in the settings.
Can your read this?
 

User avatar
azekill_DIABLO
Member
 
Posts: 3458
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 20:05
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by azekill_DIABLO » Tue Sep 20, 2016 17:19

oh i just wanted to do a joke :D
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by cx384 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 15:23

Big update:
1. You can color wool with the modifier.
2. It is a modpack now.
3. Add a few new nodes for example the old bone.

Image
Attachments
screenshot_20170102_162843.png
screenshot_20170102_162843.png (95.49 KiB) Viewed 1673 times
Can your read this?
 

Diamond knight
Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 19:50
In-game: Diamondknight or diamond_knight

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by Diamond knight » Mon Jan 02, 2017 16:09

you should add every old minetest_game block and some old select modded blocks
I can never get enough MESE!!!!!!!!!

my subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11901
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by cx384 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 16:12

Diamond knight wrote:you should add every old minetest_game block and some old select modded blocks

I think a l already got every old minetest_game block.
Please tell me some old select modded blocks.
Can your read this?
 

Diamond knight
Member
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 19:50
In-game: Diamondknight or diamond_knight

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by Diamond knight » Mon Jan 02, 2017 17:34

you should check to be sure, i noticed snow was missing, and i think the blocks should have the same properties as they had in their era (old gravel having old sounds for example), the select mods i am referring to are the famous mods like moreores, mesecons, etc.

i also think there should be old items too and them being craft-able with their old materials (or dug from), also a "time machine" with ujeduin's multidimentions mod supported would be cool (a dimension for each "era") (maybe even some replica mobs from the era too (there were mobs in the old "old_dirt1" days) (check the noglastia subgame))
I can never get enough MESE!!!!!!!!!

my subgame: https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11901
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by cx384 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 18:52

Diamond knight wrote:you should check to be sure, i noticed snow was missing, and i think the blocks should have the same properties as they had in their era (old gravel having old sounds for example), the select mods i am referring to are the famous mods like moreores, mesecons, etc.

The mod should only add nodes which are like the normal nodes with an old texture and not exactly old nodes because you convert normal nodes into old nodes. Moreover this nodes are only decoration and some nodes are missing but if you want you can send me a PR on github to make the ntm_old_nodes mod even better.
Diamond knight wrote:i also think there should be old items too and them being craft-able with their old materials (or dug from), also a "time machine" with ujeduin's multidimentions mod supported would be cool (a dimension for each "era") (maybe even some replica mobs from the era too (there were mobs in the old "old_dirt1" days) (check the noglastia subgame))

The old nodes are a small part of my mod so I don't want to add a special mechanism to get the nodes but I've already been thinking about a time machine which needs mese to run.
I cant find the noglastia subgame.
Can your read this?
 

ManElevation
Member
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 22:04
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by ManElevation » Wed Jan 04, 2017 06:57

interesting mod. +1!
Hey there im going to be off minetest for a while because my company has been deleloping a game called Ground Conflict, if you wish to see some screenshots or have some info, than please join our discord server https://discord.gg/C9ygXJn
 

User avatar
cx384
Member
 
Posts: 249
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 09:38
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: [Mod] Node Texture Modifier [node_texture_modifier]

by cx384 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 15:39

Update:
Added ntm_texture_packs, moreores support and new configurations.

Image
Can your read this?
 


Return to WIP Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron