Little, big house [idea]

Kosmos

In-game: KosmosHD

Little, big house [idea]

by Kosmos » Thu Oct 20, 2016 16:34

Hello,
waht do you think about a mod or a feature where you can build a little house but inside (if you go in its bigger).

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Give it something like this???
I know my English is bad.

taikedz

GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

Re: Little, big house [idea]

by taikedz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 17:40

You are thinking of a TARDIS ;-)

You would have to have the outside part of the house at one location, but the inside would have to be somewhere else.

Yeah, it could work in principle. Probably by putting the "large space" in the sky. There's a question of collisions though. If you build a tardis on the ground and its sky counterpart were 10x bigger, nobody could build a tardis nearby if their own sky building had a risk of colliding with your sky building...

It would need a special door, probably using a special brick to build the house with. When you use the door it would bring you to the second location, the size of which would depend on the number of special bricks you added on the outer part. Say, for every 1 special brick, 10 nodes of bigger-inside brick in the other location would be used.

For the calculations to translate from small to large to work, the structure would probably need to mandate a rectangular cuboid...

Ground-tardis material would probably be made of blue dye, mese block and group:wood, and be choppable only with diamod axe or better.... gotta make this stuff expensive....

Sky-tardis material would probably be an unbreakable counterpart of the ground-tardis material.

azekill_DIABLO

GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Thu Oct 20, 2016 17:49

we could spawn the buildings at different heights! ex: x= 25 z= 78 >>> y 25*78+"size of the building"
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Code: Select all
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO said: Mineyoshi+ABJ+Baggins= TOPIC HIJACKED.
My Mods and Stuff | Voxellar | VoxBox on GITHUB | M.I.L.A Monster engine
WEIRD MODDING CONTEST !!!

Kosmos

by Kosmos » Thu Oct 20, 2016 18:33

I don't be a good programmer (i only write the mod "ultimatesword")
but it give a video where somethink like this is.

taikedz

by taikedz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 22:58

Something like this is what I am thinking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_IKhQt73DM&t=2m58s

azekill -- that is actually a very good idea...! Thanks for solving that conundrum :)

taikedz

by taikedz » Thu Oct 20, 2016 23:01

Come to think of it, just using a schematic to load a large building in the sky would work. You would just need to place a certain set of construction blocks and the door and voila - when you use if for the first time, it creates the large space

Kosmos

by Kosmos » Fri Oct 21, 2016 16:03

No, no i have saw a Minetestvideo.
But i don't found the link again.:(
But there was a post in the forum. But i have found it a half year ago.

But the MT-video is like this

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 17:08

taikedz wrote:azekill -- that is actually a very good idea...! Thanks for solving that conundrum :)

always here, sir.
Your phone or window isn't wide enough to display the code box. If it's a phone, try rotating it to landscape mode.
Hi, my username is azekill_DIABLO and i'm an exelent bug-maker(yeah...i know...i have a bad reputation)

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 17:12

Just thinking i could do it. but we would need something important: we build a house on ground, then we place the special door, wich teleports you to a platform in the sky, without decorations, that we would need to decorate then. This would just be a modification of the warp stone mod, with a schematic for placing the platform. Olé.

taikedz

by taikedz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 19:38

azekill_DIABLO wrote:Just thinking i could do it. but we would need something important: we build a house on ground, then we place the special door, wich teleports you to a platform in the sky, without decorations, that we would need to decorate then. This would just be a modification of the warp stone mod, with a schematic for placing the platform. Olé.

I was thinking about putting a little bit of time into this too....

There is however a problem in trying to translate an actual house into a replica in the sky.

So just needing to place some special blocks in a special configuration could be possible? Then the player places the door, which detects the special block configuration. If successful, then the player is teleported to the new location, and the appropriate blocks are placed via a schem. You could conceivably build the model in a test world, then export its schematic - and that would be the target build.

But this might not be what Kosmos had in mind. Kosmos needs to find the video describing what they are thinking ;-)

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 19:43

Yeah. but wait for me ;-; i will be back! (but in two weeks.)

pithy

GitHub: pithydon

by pithy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 19:49

My mod rdis adds a teleport you can walk through.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 19:58

thanks pithy!

Kosmos

by Kosmos » Sun Oct 23, 2016 08:56

THX

firefox

In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Sun Oct 23, 2016 14:19

why don't you just build the big inside somewhere far away (in the sky) and the small outside on the ground.
fill the small house with some coloured blocks that represent the entrance (doormat, floor carpet or whatever).
place a teleporter node right into the entrance, so the moment you step inside, you get teleported to the "inside" somewhere else.
the "inside" should also have a door that looks like the entrance you just stepped through with a teleport node back to the "outside".

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Sun Oct 23, 2016 16:49

the idea, is to make a house that auto generates!

paramat

GitHub: paramat

by paramat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 22:41

Really nice idea.
Minetest worlds stop generating at 31000, but there's another 1500 nodes of unused world beyond that, lots of space for storing the interior.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12

awesome paramat, you are doing great stuff! we know where to place all those houses! 1500 blocks is perfect!

now we can start thinking to code, and it may not be that hard. Only the generation could cause bugs :D

taikedz

by taikedz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:03

azekill_DIABLO wrote:Only the generation could cause bugs :D

.... you sure about that ....?

+++

Yes, 1500 blocks should work, thanks paramat!

I'm thinking that a sky structure should be around 32*64*32 in size (will be a schem - mostly empty space bounded by unbreakable walls/ceiling/floor), and aligned to map blocks (16*16*16? I am reasoning along this line anyway) (this translates to being 2*4*2 blocks in size, which should be plenty "big" for a house!) -- the land structure would simply be symbolic and could be just 1 node in x/z and 2 nodes in y.

The mapping would this be, for any 2*2 block map area, a 2*2 block area in the sky is set aside for it starting at y=31000 and going up for another 1500 nodes

This would mean a sky structure would take up 64 nodes in height, which allows 23 sky structures to map over the same 2*2 blocks expanse on the ground -- which means for example that within a land area of (0,0 to 32,32) there can be at most 23 land structures.

These need to be evenly spaced out... sqrt(23) =~ 4.7 - there can be 4.7 land structures along the x axis and 4.7 along the z axis of the map -
If we are operating on a 32*32 space, that means 32/4.7 =~ 6.8, which means spacing out the land structures in approximate 6*6 land grab areas (now with n=6)..... with the 0.7n space being an area of 0.7n*1n for the extra few, and the very last slot being actually 0.7n*0.7n? I need to diagram this...

So it seems they don't have to be too far apart, in a 2d plane. Detecting placement of new land structures is trickier - but it might have to simply be, when a door is placed, the corresponding map area is checked - if it finds a sky structure already there, then denied, unless somehow we can detect that the sky structure does belong to the person placing the door.

This assumes we can do getnode() and/or voxelmanip on an onloaded and un-generated map chunk....

Now we just need to map the x,z chunks where single land structure can be placed, to the sky structure's starting y would be.

I'll think about that one later.

Does this make sense....? It's mainly a stream of consciousness....

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Tue Oct 25, 2016 20:30

I think it's already a great base

Kosmos

by Kosmos » Wed Oct 26, 2016 16:47

Ohhh, good, so can somebody code this or an "alpha"???

taikedz

by taikedz » Wed Oct 26, 2016 18:37

When someone has the time, maybe yes :-P

I'm going to be on a transcontinental flight in a month's time, maybe I'll do it then :-P

Kosmos

by Kosmos » Fri Oct 28, 2016 18:18

Ohh yes please.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Fri Oct 28, 2016 18:44

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... ors-v2-2-4

Basically this mod for minetest right?

taikedz

by taikedz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 18:46

Not as far as I am imagining it ;-)

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Fri Oct 28, 2016 18:49

@taikdez Well along the same guide lines as that mod.

taikedz

by taikedz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 19:01

Please take the technical proposal i wrote for this mod, and the description for that mod, and highlight the parallels and differences.

Again, doesn't look similar to me.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Fri Oct 28, 2016 19:34

taikedz wrote:Please take the technical proposal i wrote for this mod, and the description for that mod, and highlight the parallels and differences.

Again, doesn't look similar to me.

Im not speaking of your proposal im referring to the OP's description.

taikedz

by taikedz » Fri Oct 28, 2016 19:35

Then compare those.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Fri Oct 28, 2016 19:39

Kosmos wrote:Hello,
waht do you think about a mod or a feature where you can build a little house but inside (if you go in its bigger).

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Give it something like this???
I know my English is bad.

taikedz wrote:Then compare those.

Thats exactly what a pocket dimension is. Small space(just the door) goes into a larger space within it (Pocket dimension). Is that clear enough?

Next

Return to Modding Discussion